Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Got to be called Boris after Boris Badenov from Rocky and Bullwinkle
boris1.jpg

Just love that Mo!

blx said:
yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.
Both Dmitri and his best mate Viktor Chiastakov (sp?) followed their coach out here. I think his name is Parnov. Chiastakov was going out with Grigorieva and she followed him to Australia. Parnov's daughter was also an athlete, she represented Australia in a Commonwealth Games, from memory the ones held in Melbourne.

Did I hear Francis Jackson right? This kid's been playing SANFL magoos?

Ben Nason anyone?

Midsy said:
Did I hear Francis Jackson right? This kid's been playing SANFL magoos?

Ben Nason anyone?

Played one game of seniors but it's not like we're talking about a 20 something state league player, Markov is still a raw teenager, he still needs to fill out a bit and that's in essence why he's been playing seconds. Don't forget Issac Smith had a similar frame and didn't click until 21, I think we need to be patient with this one.

Let's hope that McRae can develop the kids nicely - at this stage he's going to have a 6-7 speedsters in the side. Could be fun watching the VFL boys next year.

Tigers of Old said:
No doubt he's a project. Pick 50 in a supposedly weak draft should taper expectations. Hopefully he works out.
Yep, would expect he will serve a decent length apprenticeship in the twos. I'd wait until he's 21-22 to pass judgement. From memory Ben Nason (whom was mentioned by another poster) was already 21 when he was drafted to Richmond from the SANFL ressies, so not a good comparison.

At least if he dosent turn out any good he could be a body double for jack sparrow

Good interview and yep his old man looked very, very proud of his boy!! I wish you well Legs.

Panthera Tigris said:
That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

Yep she has kids.
Tatiana is in Brisbane.
Has a gelato shop on racecourse Rd between eagle farm racecourse and the Brisbane river.
I bet it does well on racedays in summer

Why can't I say his name properly? Mrakov... Mmmrakov... Nope.

John Mrakov has left an indelible mark.