Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pickett, Baker and Aarts would have to be upgrade to senior contracts wouldn't they? So that's another 3 spots we need to find plus whoever we want to draft.

We don't have room to play in the trade this year. And anyone we offload would need to be for future picks, not this years.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Pickett, Baker and Aarts would have to be upgrade to senior contracts wouldn't they? So that's another 3 spots we need to find plus whoever we want to draft.

We don't have room to play in the trade this year. And anyone we offload would need to be for future picks, not this years.

I suspect the AFL may just allow clubs to move players between the rookie list and main list this year without having to go through the draft, ie. usually you need to delist and then re-rookie, we do have a few that need to be promoted. I think only Baker we have to upgrade, the other 2 are still within their first 3 years at the club.

Agree we don't have much room to play and our trading should all be around getting our 1st pick as high as possible or future picks. 2nds and 3rds this year for us are pretty worthless. We will keep some to match any bid on MRJ but thats all.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
disappointed he has requested a trade. thought he would be able to cement a spot next year off half back or wing.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't believe he leaves for less then 400k and only on 2 yrs.
While that Adelaide dud Atkins gets 4yrs at 400k.
Our players don't have value in the open market.
Lets see what Higgins gets us, pick78?
We fked up badd picking him up in 2017 considering the players that were still available.
Not happy Zip

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I heard the deal between us GC is an upgrade of picks.
3rd rounder most likely

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I love Bachar, what he's done for our club but I would hate to think that we gave him an extra year and it forced Markov out the door.

Egg - not guaranteed to make it but showed continued improvement. Just needs to add what Bachar and Short added to their games defensively

Naish - see Egg

Turner - gone

Perhaps Ralphsmith is a possibility to move into the half back runner role.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not surprising, and we shouldn't really be worried. Much prefer to keep Broad, which is looking likely.

Proshai Comrade Markov.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Bugger. Would like to have kept him.

Can't begrudge him leaving though for more oppurtunity. Its a shame we probably won't see the best of him but thats what happens to successful clubs unfortunately. Can't fit everyone in and some will slip through the cracks.

Good luck to him i say.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Swap of 2021 3rds is the best scenario. Swapping 3rds this year does nothing for us.

Assuming GC finish down the bottom again. If they get Treloar and Rowell plays the whole year, they are a chance at playing finals. If it's a swap of 2021 picks, has to be our 3rd round for their 2nd round.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Assuming GC finish down the bottom again. If they get Treloar and Rowell plays the whole year, they are a chance at playing finals. If it's a swap of 2021 picks, has to be our 3rd round for their 2nd round.

We have a solid record with 2nd rounders. Picks between 20-30 have worked for us.
I would be pushing for a GC 2nd rounder with our 3rd rounder going back to them.
Worse case scenario just swap our 2nd with there 2nd this year.
Quality talls in this year's group

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
disappointed he has requested a trade. thought he would be able to cement a spot next year off half back or wing.
Has to come down to what the club have told him. Think we might regret this. As I've posted before, I believe he has a big upside with greater experience. Raw pace is valuable - with other skills. Not sure if many left at RFC would be able to catch him.

We lose Oleg and Turner - both running machines - but keep Naish and Stack thus far, and re-contract Bachar. Not sure if that's the best LT strategy. We have to keep Bach but Stack?

It's really tough to see these promising guys go for a dipstick who decided he was too good to properly prepare to play at the level over 2020, then throw the continuation of the whole comp in jeopardy, which would have cost us another premiership due to a few beers and craving a kebab. Has cost us players and assistant coaches very likely. I apply the same 2nd criticism to CCJ but we do not have a surplus of rucks, unlike HBFs, and he also doesn't seem to have done much else wrong so far.

Not happy. [If true re Oleg}

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Next years second round pick would be fair, about pick 32.

For some one who is the fastest player in the AFL why are some here undervaluing Oleg?