Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Assuming GC finish down the bottom again. If they get Treloar and Rowell plays the whole year, they are a chance at playing finals. If it's a swap of 2021 picks, has to be our 3rd round for their 2nd round.

I don't think they will be higher than 13th.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Reality with our list is that our second tier will be picked off. Key thing now is develop the next group of players. It may also be that one of the younger players delisted yesterday gets redrafted by us - even if to the rookie list. Equivalent of a book entry.

Good move for Markov and ok for us - we'll find others to be an understudy for the running half back role.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's strange that we favoured Markov over Broad at times and Markov actually polled better per game than Broad, but now we let him go.

with Houli finishing up and Markov showing strong form I thought it was the natural succession.

Maybe he like Metricon stadium too much

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

We should formalise our relationship with GCS. We farm out our fringe players cheap to them. In return we are the official destination, or first refusal rights, club for any stars they have wanting to return to Melbourne under free agency. If GCS are going to loose them anyway, they might as well formalise a long term agreement to get something in return.

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I love Bachar, what he's done for our club but I would hate to think that we gave him an extra year and it forced Markov out the door.

Egg - not guaranteed to make it but showed continued improvement. Just needs to add what Bachar and Short added to their games defensively

Naish - see Egg

Turner - gone

Perhaps Ralphsmith is a possibility to move into the half back runner role.
Yeah, correct decision is really for Houli to retire and Markov to step up but club dynamics would dictate that as quite probably a mistake.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Good luck Lego.... hope you go well. Thanks for your off field and on field efforts, especially in this most challenging season.
Will watch your career and celebrate whatever successes you achieve as you'll always be a little bit of a Richmond man. ..
In Blair Hartley and our list management team I trust.... how could we not?

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
a little disappointed. more so we hang onto to Naish, yet Lego goes. but trust the list makers.
the Houli argument I don't get as they are different players.
400k at 2 years is a nice deal for him at GC.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
It's strange that we favoured Markov over Broad at times and Markov actually polled better per game than Broad, but now we let him go.

with Houli finishing up and Markov showing strong form I thought it was the natural succession.

I know who I'd prefer to keep out of the 2.

The one who has played in 3 premierships.

Oleg actually looked okay in the games he played this year., but he has been with us long enough without doing anything special, Broad is in my opinion is super important to our backline & should never have been out of the team this year.

Reactions: 4 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Sad to see him go. I understand why but to be honest would prefer him on our list than Houli next year. Has pace has energy well loved by team mates!

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
We should formalise our relationship with GCS. We farm out our fringe players cheap to them. In return we are the official destination, or first refusal rights, club for any stars they have wanting to return to Melbourne under free agency. If GCS are going to loose them anyway, they might as well formalise a long term agreement to get something in return.
Sounds a bit like draft tampering to me. Not sure the AFL would like one of their plastic teams doing this.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not surprising, and we shouldn't really be worried. Much prefer to keep Broad, which is looking likely.

Proshai Comrade Markov.
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed that he is going but if it's a choice between him and Broad I'm all in on the 3 time premiership player.

Unfortunately you can't keep them all. Hopefully we get a fair trade for him.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I heard the deal between us GC is an upgrade of picks.
3rd rounder most likely
So they're pretty much getting him for free. Shithouse. But unfortunately we are probably snookered as you'd think he'd get there in the PSD if we don't do some deal.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Has to be pick 33 maybe 56 going there, no way pick 71 I will be filthy at the club it alright to help players out , but let's not get burned.Would you do our pick 19 for 24 and 33.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
a little disappointed. more so we hang onto to Naish, yet Lego goes. but trust the list makers.
the Houli argument I don't get as they are different players.
400k at 2 years is a nice deal for him at GC.
Yeah I'd rather keep Oleg than Naish.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So they're pretty much getting him for free. Shithouse. But unfortunately we are probably snookered as you'd think he'd get there in the PSD if we don't do some deal.
Or perhaps we could keep Oleg and send Stack? Would return him to his favorite strip club and kebab joint. Back among his highest priorities.

There's no justice in this loss. As many are saying, Oleg very popular in the group; did all that was asked of him in 2020. GCS will reap all the benefits of the development and character we built. I'm doubtful Stack is such a definitely worthwhile long-term investment.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Assuming GC finish down the bottom again. If they get Treloar and Rowell plays the whole year, they are a chance at playing finals. If it's a swap of 2021 picks, has to be our 3rd round for their 2nd round.

Would be happy with that trade. Or potentially it could be 2 pick upgrades. Our 3rd for their 3rd next year, plus, Pick 24 this for for Pick 32.

I could go with that deal. Slightly better pick next year, brings our 2nd into a valuable range where for picks we can package together with Pick 19 to get a better 1st rounder this year.

Our trade period has to be about maximising our 1st rounder this year and getting better picks next year. This does both.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Isn't Naish somehow contracted for one more year?

BE surprised if he made it on what we have seen.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't Naish somehow contracted for one more year?

BE surprised if he made it on what we have seen.
Yes. It may be the only reason he is still on the list. He does seem to have a long way to go.

• Sad