Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

Yeah, I'd chat to GWS. I'd chat to Sydney. I'd chat to Essendon, I'd chat to North, I'd chat to Carlton.

But I'd want draft picks. Or use him with the Brando compo pick to get another first rounder next year.

The Kelly deal or The Fantasia deal will be desperate for third parties. We can sell scrap metal and find diamonds.

Just hard to see how he gets back in. With Stacky excelling there now that's another unexpected that has leaped in front of him in that forward line. With Higgins and Baker struggling to get a game looks very much like Butler's time is over.

Butler can play and is smart , with Jack back in Butler will grow another leg..
Great depth player..

Reactions: 1 user
It's not looking at all good for him for all the valid reasons given above. I admit to being a fan (gotta support the Ballarat boys) but he's not the hardest, toughest SF going around. Doesn't always throw himself into the contest. He's also not much good in the air, but my biggest criticism is of how he tries to do too much, over-rating his own speed and evasion skills, especially when he comes back in from the VFL and doesn't adjust quickly enough to the much higher tempo.
Did we get it wrong in keeping Butts instead of Lloyd or Miles? Maybe. Bur we now have SS and Bakes is a rapid developer. I would just hesitate to trade out both Ellis and Butler - keep one for depth? In that case, Ellis is a far more accomplished player although his dreadful efforts in defence make me go spare. Yet Butler is younger - maybe can still improve further. If Ellis wants to take more $$ elsewhere, it's simple - keep him.

Great game by his mate George on Saturday at Metricon. We are fortunate to have a Bank of small forwards, which includes both players.
If you don’t include Jack Martin GC have none.
This could lead to a great trade period for both clubs.

Not sure what Dan's served up in the 2's to earn a call up but good luck to him.

a rear chance late in the season to make a claim.. Similar to a post about Bolton several weeks back he needs to play to his strengths, has he got his 2017 pace, chase, tackle and so on. Do not try take on 3 opponents and come back to some team focused football. Dan, over to you, good luck and hope you play one of your best games for Richmond tomorrow night

He's a bit like Bobble in a way. Good Geezer can make the game look fairly easy n heaps of fun while " I'll ave you Butler " is fairly dodgy n spends a lot of time cocking things up.

Needs to stop thinking he's invisible when he gets the ball.

Needs to stop thinking he's invisible when he gets the ball.
Biggest knock on his game is lack of situational awareness.

I like his aggressive play, but he needs to have some idea when he is about to get run down with the ball.

Reactions: 2 users
Having Jack, Lynch, Soldo and Chol all playing inside 50 at varies times, Butler should be able to rove quite a few snags

I feel he will play a top game today. As others have mentioned, with JR back in the side, the ball will come to ground more often than previously when he was in the side this year.
He has speed, good kicking action and can break the packs.

I reckon he is definitely part of are best 26 squad and the club is doing the right thing by rotating all those guys through in the lead up to the finals. Wouldn't be surprised to see macintosh get a game next week too.