Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I see that the guy traded into picking, "so that we couldn't take him", was delisted today. Further evidence that the year these guys were drafted was a draft thin on good talent.
I think Riley could fill a role, maybe not for us, but I think he could. Certainly more talented than some AFL footballers.
As for Stocker, if he's got any talent, I'm sure Teague will say something.

Reactions: 5 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I'm looking at from a midfield perspective whether a Riley Collier Dawkins, who has interest from around the competition, whether or not Richmond looks to part with him," Beveridge raised.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I reckon the mainstream view on RCD these days is that he can improve his match day running. (Across clubs.) If we punt him it will be about football compliance/values/standards. And perhaps ball use.

I'm pretty certain he'll make an AFL player. Luke Dunstan did.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I reckon the mainstream view on RCD these days is that he can improve his match day running. (Across clubs.) If we punt him it will be about football compliance/values/standards. And perhaps ball use.

I'm pretty certain he'll make an AFL player. Luke Dunstan did.
Has a lot of skills Jack.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just can't see how RCD attracts much trade-wise. Starts next year as a 23yo, has played 11 games at an average of 14 disposals a game (just 6 kicks). Let's face it, our midfield of last couple of years hasn't been strong and we've been crying out for an inside midfield beast. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane (ooh are we still allowed to say that?).

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Just can't see how RCD attracts much trade-wise. Starts next year as a 23yo, has played 11 games at an average of 14 disposals a game (just 6 kicks). Let's face it, our midfield of last couple of years hasn't been strong and we've been crying out for an inside midfield beast. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane (ooh are we still allowed to say that?).
It’s OK if you meant Bob Jane

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Just have a sneaking suspicion that he may have turned the corner in the last month or so of the VFL. His possession count was 30, 30, 19 and 32 And was amongst our best.
He impressed me with his games in those games. Looked a class above.
Don’t forget he has had two Covid years of (lack of) development and he was a longer term project player anyway.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Had a great preseason.
So can add good trainer to his resume.
That would have got us all excited once upon a time

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just have a sneaking suspicion that he may have turned the corner in the last month or so of the VFL. His possession count was 30, 30, 19 and 32 And was amongst our best.
He impressed me with his games in those games. Looked a class above.
Don’t forget he has had two Covid years of (lack of) development and he was a longer term project player anyway.
Yes it has been noted elsewhere that the irony was that he was showing the best form of his career. There was speculation that he was told his future was not at Richmond and suddenly started playing with more freedom but you would suspect that if that was the case he would have been delisted by now.

My feeling is that either he will be delisted if we get both Taranto and Hopper or traded, but as he is uncontracted we probably wouldn't get much for him. We may rookie him at best.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
My feeling is that either he will be delisted if we get both Taranto and Hopper or traded, but as he is uncontracted we probably wouldn't get much for him. We may rookie him at best.

I agree Sinners. No trade value, rookie spot seems likely.

I thought he might be luckily safe with the list of retirements already on the books. But if we do bring in Taranto and Hopper, there may be an additional squeeze put on the list, and RCD would have to be right in the gun.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yes it has been noted elsewhere that the irony was that he was showing the best form of his career. There was speculation that he was told his future was not at Richmond and suddenly started playing with more freedom but you would suspect that if that was the case he would have been delisted by now.
Not writing off RCD, but 3 of the last 4 games were against suburban footballers. And he got 30 disposals. 1 game was decent VFL opposition and he got under 20. His late season spike is being totally misread i reckon.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not writing off RCD, but 3 of the last 4 games were against suburban footballers. And he got 30 disposals. 1 game was decent VFL opposition and he got under 20. His late season spike is being totally misread i reckon.
Yes, lesser opposition, or perhaps he benefitted with Soldo getting dropped in round 19 for the last few games.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I get the point but some of these vfl players at clubs like Frankston as an example are good hard mature footballers who are marginally below afl level.
I remember Morro saying that RCD had a few down weeks and was challenged and he responded.