Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I don’t recon we should ever be saying someone is a development/project player openly. Surely it can effect their sense of urgency to deliver NOW. I think another year is probably on the cards as there are a few less likely to come on ahead of him for the chop.
My three to chop would be:

Aarts
Will Martin
Mansell

There is also the uncertainty on Stack.
We could look to trade George, (only 26 years of age), with Cumberland, JNR, Shai and (Clarke promising).

Already 3 spots freed up by retirements of :

Lambert
Parker
Shedda

If we trade for Tarranto we may not take many picks into the draft this year?

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Aarts
Will Martin
Mansell

We could look to trade George, (only 26 years of age), with Cumberland, JNR, Shai and (Clarke promising).

Lambert
Parker
Shedda

Cant see Mansell getting the chop. The other 2 yes.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

Aarts
Will Martin
Mansell

Lambert
Parker
Shedda

Mansell unlikely to be delisted, is contracted till 2023

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Aarts
Will Martin
Mansell

Lambert
Parker
Shedda

Caddy retired as well.
Parker on the rookie list, not the main list. Bauer on the rookie list, effectively will replace Parker, I'd guess.
Leaves 3 senior list spots, unless RCD, and or Martyn, are let go, or potential trades (George, for example)
Do Miller and Pickett need to be elevated to main list now?
Stack & Aarts also rookies, and have had 3 years, does a decision either way need to be made (upgrade or move on)?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Caddy retired as well.
Parker on the rookie list, not the main list. Bauer on the rookie list, effectively will replace Parker, I'd guess.
Leaves 3 senior list spots, unless RCD, and or Martyn, are let go, or potential trades (George, for example)
Stack & Aarts also rookies, and have had 3 years, does a decision either way need to be made (upgrade or move on)?
Not sure on the 3 year rule as Syd, Aarts & Marlion are actually on their 4th year as rookies

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Caddy retired as well.
All good questions. Why BH and team earn their money. My answers:
Yes, Bauer to replace Parker, shows heap of potential, just needs a couple of good pre-seasons in the gym to put some muscle on that frame, but a good chance to get his chance next year. [Personally I think JR8 is very near the end and doubt he will see the year out in '23]

Keep RCD another year; seriously good numbers in recent games. With Cotch going into final year, he might just get a run of games in '23. Otherwise could go elsewhere and make it. Martyn, sorry, just looks as if decent VFL player is his limit.

Yes, elevate Miller and Pickett - new extensions show club's faith in now. Aarts is a bit limited like Martyn, but handy depth and great to retain as VFL leader too. Stack - same as RCD perhaps, but Gawd knows really AFAIAC.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
What I can't get past with RCD is his final senior game. He hardly got near it and spent the second half at full forward where I'm not even sure he touched it. Banished after that and his VFL form fell off a cliff. Dimma was angry that day and I'd say RCD has no place in his plans.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Aarts
Will Martin
Mansell

Lambert
Parker
Shedda

Caddy, Edwards, Lambert and Parker gone Bauer in.
Maybe Aarts, Dow and Martyn unlikely to survive.
That’s 6.
We have very good players coming through and we need to give them every chance to progress.

If we have the opportunity to take Taranto it should not be missed.
To get there conversations about George, Graham and Ross will occur.
Even the other Jack may be mentioned.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What I can't get past with RCD is his final senior game. He hardly got near it and spent the second half at full forward where I'm not even sure he touched it. Banished after that and his VFL form fell off a cliff. Dimma was angry that day and I'd say RCD has no place in his plans.
RCD's last senior game was the 109-point win over West Coast. He had 16 disposals and five clearances, albeit against a state league quality side. You're thinking of the previous week against Melbourne when he had 9 touches, 5 clangers, and spent the second half forward.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
RCD's last senior game was the 109-point win over West Coast. He had 16 disposals and five clearances, albeit against a state league quality side. You're thinking of the previous week against Melbourne when he had 9 touches, 5 clangers, and spent the second half forward.
I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast.
Great recollection

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Wouldnt be surprised if he was delisted then re-rookied like they did with Cumbo last year.
I get a sense RCD is a litle impatient. If Nth knocked on his door and promised him a game in the seniors each week he'd be out of Punt Rd.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I get a sense RCD is a litle impatient. If Nth knocked on his door and promised him a game in the seniors each week he'd be out of Punt Rd.
Surely we couldn't hit the Norf jackpot two years in a row?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Was bullish on RCD because he has tools.

Unfortunately, and this is the damning thing, Ross and Sonsie have outworked him.

Delist, I’ve seen enough.

If your work rate isn’t up to scratch after four years with Dimma it ain’t coming.

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
and was in the most centre bounces for Richmond.
stats suggest he did ok at the stoppages, but not much else.