Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Compare Geelong premiership coverage
To ours of those 3 yrs?
They hate us. They thought the 1st was a fluke. The 2nd one, they were alerted to the domination taking place and by the time we were rocking in the 3rd They were changing the rules..
The can get Fked
Well said my Dear Zips

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Has signed with SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens.

Good on him

Out of interest - anyone have intel (or ballpark type estimates) on the sort of deal a bloke like Riley might be on over there.
For example - is a non-footy job typically part of a deal? I'm assuming he wouldn't be a full-time professional footballer - but I've got no idea.

Presumably also - he would hope to be play well enough to be redrafted in the next year or two.
Just hope he makes a good go of things whatever happens.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Did they pick up Cibcus too?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127_060936_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221127_060936_Samsung Internet.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Good on him

Out of interest - anyone have intel (or ballpark type estimates) on the sort of deal a bloke like Riley might be on over there.
For example - is a non-footy job typically part of a deal? I'm assuming he wouldn't be a full-time professional footballer - but I've got no idea.

Presumably also - he would hope to be play well enough to be redrafted in the next year or two.
The SANFL is still classed as a semi-professional competition, players work day jobs and train from four to five sessions a week to be able to compete at the State League football level.

The salary cap was cut from $400,000 to $210,000 with covid but probably has increased since, although not much can be found out about it.

Most seem to think $40,000 is tops for the best SANFL players plus a little bit more from a couple or a few 'boosters' - the pub, doughnuts galore, Mullet Hairdressing might all add another $2-5,000 each for a quality player.

But yeah he might find work as a hairdresser ;):cool:

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Good luck to him. Maybe he can put it together for a couple of years and get another chance. There have been a few that have done it

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Good on him

Well, there was a guy at my work who had played SANFL, who said he had a FT job with Australia Post. Said he found it hard to work and train etc, which is why he thought he never lifted in standard.
I'm imagining that as a kid (he played 3yrs from memory) he obviously wasn't paid anywhere near enough to survive as a footballer. Not sure that's a great sample size to draw conclusions on, but might give an indication.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Well, there was a guy at my work who had played SANFL, who said he had a FT job with Australia Post. Said he found it hard to work and train etc, which is why he thought he never lifted in standard.
I'm imagining that as a kid (he played 3yrs fromemory) he obviously wasn't paid anywhere near enough to survive as a footballer. Not sure that's a great sample size to draw conclusions on, but might give an indication.
My brother in law ex AFL was offered spots at a few SANFL clubs about 10 yrs ago. $$$ were pretty good, job straight away with an employer that was sympathetic to his footy requirements. He was pursuing a career and they said they would get him work in that area. Ultimately declined.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
My brother in law ex AFL was offered spots at a few SANFL clubs about 10 yrs ago. $$$ were pretty good, job straight away with an employer that was sympathetic to his footy requirements. He was pursuing a career and they said they would get him work in that area. Ultimately declined.
Does he regret it or did things turn out ok?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The difference may come down to one trying to get in the system and another having just left. I'd imagine that would give a degree of bargaining power.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Steve Morris and Shane Tuck both went to SA to reinvigorate their careers to give themselves the best opportunity to get redrafted.
Didn’t work out too badly for them. Or us

Reactions: 2 users