Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
ran our of juice in the last, some terrible fumbles. I hope he can develop a bigger tank, more so I hope he realised he needs to develop a the stamina and endurance to make it at this level.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
ran our of juice in the last, some terrible fumbles. I hope he can develop a bigger tank, more so I hope he realised he needs to develop a the stamina and endurance to make it at this level.
That was obvious in one passage early in the last where he had to bend to gather an errant handball and just couldn't do it. It directly led to a Collingwood goal.

He was physically shot at that point. Neccesity is asking him to do too much at this point.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
This really concerns me about RCD. He has three solid, uninterrupted pre-seasons under his belt yet runs out games like a first year and an unfit one at that.

It’s not like he is dominating before running out of gas either. He’s serviceable at best then becomes a complete non-entity when fatigue kicks in.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
This really concerns me about RCD. He has three solid, uninterrupted pre-seasons under his belt yet runs out games like a first year and an unfit one at that.

It’s not like he is dominating before running out of gas either. He’s serviceable at best then becomes a complete non-entity when fatigue kicks in.
I agree. I wonder what impact not playing competitive matches last year has impacted some of these kids.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
While he's got some AFL traits, i'm not a fan of his defensive running. When compared with likes of Edwards, Lambert and Prestia, who bust their backsides off every game, RCD trudges back when he doesn't have the ball.

Obviously these guys are A grade midfielders and seasoned players but I was expecting more from him this year and his lack of disposals, plus his poor two way running, don't fill me with confidence. I think I realise now why they waiting so long to debut him.

That said, he's got time on his side. I just hope he can improve his fitness/willingness to run defensively.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
While he's got some AFL traits, i'm not a fan of his defensive running. When compared with likes of Edwards, Lambert and Prestia, who bust their backsides off every game, RCD trudges back when he doesn't have the ball.

Obviously these guys are A grade midfielders and seasoned players but I was expecting more from him this year and his lack of disposals, plus his poor two way running, don't fill me with confidence. I think I realise now why they waiting so long to debut him.

That said, he's got time on his side. I just hope he can improve his fitness/willingness to run defensively.

I agree, but it’s no coincidence we are being smacked in the midfield and those 3 have missed a lot of footy this year.

Hard to judge him properly in this midfield. Keep playing him, even when the big boys are back and all will be revealed.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I believe that his best position at AFL level is third tall forward ala Rohan from Geelong.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I take your point. He has had a pretty good year though.
Rohan? He has had an ok year. Stats wise he hasnt been as good as Riewoldt, who everyone reckons should retire, while running around getting easy kicks next to Hawkins and Cameron.

On RCD, I dont think we should be moving a prospective big midfielder out of the midfield at this point. Especially to a position he hasnt shown any particular traits for.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Our success, covid and the shutdown of the VFL has been detrimental to his development.

Had the equal 3rd highest amount of clearances and 2nd highest amount of tackles for both sides on Sunday from only 60% game time, keep playing him.

He'll probably get dropped again.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He won't get dropped.

On his pace, he tested pretty quick from memory? I remember Stocker saying in a draft big that Riley was quick? What's happened?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I happened upon a stat. I was actually looking at Xavier O'Halloran, taken two picks after Riley, after I saw him do a couple of nice things against Geelong. He's equal-10th, with Caleb Graham and Luke Jackson, amongst Rising Star-eligible players (under 21 at Jan 1, fewer than 10 games played prior to this year) for centre clearances per game, at a whopping 0.50 per game.

Only four of these kids are averaging more than 1 centre clearance per game. Crashin Chad Warner (1.08), Tom "The Prodigal Grandson" Green (1.18), Matt "How Long Will It Take Them To Realise He Ain't All That" Rowell (1.20).

And Riley "Collier" Dawkins, at 1.88. 50% more than the next bloke, who's the Second Coming of midfielders.

Get a running coach, Riley.

Reactions: 11 users