Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hearing Tyler Sonsie got 27 touches last week in the VFL must set the alarm bells off for Riley.
Sure RCD was a bit of a project but it's taken him 3 years to find those numbers at VFL level & Tyler has just come off a massively interrupted preseason & delivered straight away.
Right now Sonsie is the biggest threat to RCD's immediate future & to a lesser extent so is Jack Ross.
He's got to start playing senior footy very soon & making an impact or he may not be on our list next season.
The heat is on young man, massive year coming up. Let's see what you've got. Good luck.
Lad (Riley) has still yet to show any real sustain in his game.

Has flashes and a few good minutes but he needs to show sustained effort and the ability to make multiple efforts.

Sonsie and Brown might well be the ones adding the pep to the side that is much needed this season, whilst we focussed on the likes of Riley and Stackie to bring the charge.

Mansell might well be the other.

I still hope Stack and Riley can do the job as if the new cubs join them then the RFC will be much less likely to slide to irrelevance.

Reactions: 1 user

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
From the glimpses we have seen - if he could play consistently at his highest level - we have a genuine attacking mid. Just not sure he has the urgency. I couldn't want to be wronger.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hearing Tyler Sonsie got 27 touches last week in the VFL must set the alarm bells off for Riley.
Sure RCD was a bit of a project but it's taken him 3 years to find those numbers at VFL level & Tyler has just come off a massively interrupted preseason & delivered straight away.
Right now Sonsie is the biggest threat to RCD's immediate future & to a lesser extent so is Jack Ross.
He's got to start playing senior footy very soon & making an impact or he may not be on our list next season.
The heat is on young man, massive year coming up. Let's see what you've got. Good luck.
Forget about Collier dawkins
He will join the long list of failed 1st rounders.
We drafted a midfielder that can't get a kick in stampede

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
They need to give him a run of 6 games and say to him show us what you got give him the continuity if Aarts can get a good run he should.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Another way to look at it is we have both Sonsie and RCD as potential starting mids.

IF Riley makes it then we have a nucleus of a high end midfield. Him making it is huge

Imagine in 5 years a centre square of Sonsie RCD and Shai Bolton (brownlow medallist 2025-27)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah I really hope RCD can step up and play 18 odd games this year. I would be disappointed if Aarts gets a run before RCD as we have seen Aarts best (which was ok) but RCD peak is potentially higher.

One of RCD, Dow or Ross has to step up for us to keep improving. Down back we have Hugo, Mansell and Gibcus so we are covered there.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It is too early to write players like RCD off.

There are players who shine early and there are others who are a slow burn, they all mature at different rates. We have one triple premiership player in Kane Lambert who couldn’t even get drafted for 5 years.

He can play, no doubt in my mind, but he is in a logjam now. I still have hopes that he can be a very good player for us.

Plus the lack of a vfl for the last 2 years has really hurt the development of him and a few others

Reactions: 11 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Another way to look at it is we have both Sonsie and RCD as potential starting mids.

IF Riley makes it then we have a nucleus of a high end midfield. Him making it is huge

Imagine in 5 years a centre square of Sonsie RCD and Shai Bolton (brownlow medallist 2025-27)
Dont forget Jack Ross.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I think with RCD what a lot of people fail to realise is he was always going to take time, and with covid the last few years I’d bet he wouldn’t of even played 20 vfl games over all. Without covid he would have easily doubled that and that is what he needs.

I think he’s got a lot to offer, but I do agree he’s running out of time. He needed to get fitter which is what he has put in a lot of work to do, but he’s still not fit enough. I think if he had those extra vfl seasons he’d be a lot more advanced.

Reactions: 5 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
I personally believe (& I have said this before) that Riley lacks resilience
Unfortunately, although lack of confidence and/or resilience can be overcome it is not easy.

Some people just don’t have the mental side right and it can be really hard to succeed with out this.

BTW I’m not saying this is necessarily the case with Riley. If it is, they need to book in some extra time with Emma and Co.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Unfortunately, although lack of confidence and/or resilience can be overcome it is not easy.

Some people just don’t have the mental side right and it can be really hard to succeed with out this.

BTW I’m not saying this is necessarily the case with Riley. If it is, they need to book in some extra time with Emma and Co.
If it’s true, you would hope he’s digging around deeply with Emma Murray and giving himself every chance to succeed

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Still reckon Two-Mums is going to be a player. May not be an A-Grader but will be a regular starting mid in a couple of years.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He's only shown a narrow range of traits at AFL level so far, but those traits are elite traits and they're exactly what we drafted him for.

For a slow burn prospect, that's a decent sign already.

His physical development is on a different path to most players. He walks in as a skinny kid who can't run, which is more like a skinny ruck prospect who knows he won't play much for a few years. But in time, he's expected to become a giant hulking beast. Compared to most players, that's a major physical contrast. I would imagine his mind will be more pliable than the average player as these changes occur and he views himself differently.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He's only shown a narrow range of traits at AFL level so far, but those traits are elite traits and they're exactly what we drafted him for.

For a slow burn prospect, that's a decent sign already.

His physical development is on a different path to most players. He walks in as a skinny kid who can't run, which is more like a skinny ruck prospect who knows he won't play much for a few years. But in time, he's expected to become a giant hulking beast. Compared to most players, that's a major physical contrast. I would imagine his mind will be more pliable than the average player as these changes occur and he views himself differently.
Slow Burn? He should be a stand out in the VFL he isn't.
I've seen kids picked in the 50's show more.

• Haha