Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
that was the same 'view' of him for the last 2 years .................
losing a lot of confidence in him .other have more appeal

I reckon he has shown consistent improvement each year which is all we can ask. He was never a ready to go proposition when drafted. Last year he improved to the point of being a dominant ball winner at VFL level and getting some AFL experience. Caesar also tells us that he has been a standout in pre season, which again shows further improvement. The same level of improvement should see him playing more AFL this year than VFL. Anything better is a bonus. If he can produce the same level at AFL level that he did at VFL level last year, we have a good player. In saying that, this is his last year of his contract so if he's not playing more AFL than VFL, I can't see him getting a new contract.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With Riley to me he seems very much a player who feeds off confidence. If he gets that at the level I think he can be successful. The more he plays the better he'll get I reckon. The tools are there. Just needs to play.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Twice now, I'm getting old, I've looked at the PRE homepage on my phone, and this thread title looks like it says 'welcome to Tigers Ian...' It cuts off. Twice now I've thought 'who's Ian?'

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Hopefully he has developed some muscle and strength in the shoulders and arms - thought he looked a bit weak in the upper body at times.
Agree.
Needs to stick his tackles and break tackles. There’s the improvement right there if he gets those right.
Strength and conditioning always was his priority

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Twice now, I'm getting old, I've looked at the PRE homepage on my phone, and this thread title looks like it says 'welcome to Tigers Ian...' It cuts off. Twice now I've thought 'who's Ian?'
C'mon Snakey can't you read the title properly? It's our French recruit Riley Collier'Dawkins.
Pronounced Cor-lee-air Dock-ee.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
With Riley to me he seems very much a player who feeds off confidence. If he gets that at the level I think he can be successful. The more he plays the better he'll get I reckon. The tools are there. Just needs to play.
He just needs to believe does the lad.

Your right Olden he has the tools he needs the belief.

The RFC needs him to make it.

He has been under Lambos wing which is as good a midfield mentor he could get re work rate and intensity, then there's a handy few blokes called Cotchin ,Martin, Prestia and Edwards there too.

There's no shortage of resources available for Riley to make it, he needs to believe,, if he gets it he will be a player.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He’s the one. He’s the one who needs to step up.
It's unbelievable hard to watch a 20 year old kid that has 2 full preseasons run on the spot.
His game against Collingwood was delist quality.
He needs to have the best running preseason ever to turn that around.
He needs to speak to Lambert.
Not sure. I have Dow ahead of him

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What is generally forgotten in relation to young players drafted in the last few years is that they have had very little vfl development time. This is how young players improve, especially in a club like ours where they get taught to play the Richmond brand and system.

Reactions: 5 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He should still have been able to develop strength in the gym. From day one he was able to get the ball and get his hands free enough to dribble a handball out. By now he should be able to stand up in a tackle and pump a handball to a teammate running past. We haven't seen that yet, and I'll be disappointed if he still has the upper body strength of David Bourke this year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Quietly confident that RCD is going to blossom with big Ivy jamming the ball down his throat.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's been doing a lot of conditioning work with Steve Morris over summer. The club has given him every support this off season.
Here's hoping we see the benefits.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
He should still have been able to develop strength in the gym. From day one he was able to get the ball and get his hands free enough to dribble a handball out. By now he should be able to stand up in a tackle and pump a handball to a teammate running past. We haven't seen that yet, and I'll be disappointed if he still has the upper body strength of David Bourke this year.
Let's hope he does not have muppet arms like DB!!

• Sad

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm not sure that's entirely true Sin. I think the vast majority of player development comes from the time in the system, training with elite players, building their bodies and learning systems and processes.

The VFL is so far away from AFL standard by any meaningful indicator that I don't think it actually develops players for that level. I think what they are missing is the chance to build confidence by playing football in a weaker competition as they improve as players.
Ok but our coaches and players have continually said that the strength of our vfl system is the reason we are able to bring players in and they fit in seemlessly.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hearing Tyler Sonsie got 27 touches last week in the VFL must set the alarm bells off for Riley.
Sure RCD was a bit of a project but it's taken him 3 years to find those numbers at VFL level & Tyler has just come off a massively interrupted preseason & delivered straight away.
Right now Sonsie is the biggest threat to RCD's immediate future & to a lesser extent so is Jack Ross.
He's got to start playing senior footy very soon & making an impact or he may not be on our list next season.
The heat is on young man, massive year coming up. Let's see what you've got. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hearing Tyler Sonsie got 27 touches last week in the VFL must set the alarm bells off for Riley.
Sure RCD was a bit of a project but it's taken him 3 years to find those numbers at VFL level & Tyler has just come off a massively interrupted preseason & delivered straight away.
Right now Sonsie is the biggest threat to RCD's immediate future & to a lesser extent so is Jack Ross.
He's got to start playing senior footy very soon & making an impact or he may not be on our list next season.
The heat is on young man, massive year coming up. Let's see what you've got. Good luck.
He’s definitely on the burner.

Reactions: 1 users