Welcome to Tigerland Liam Fawcett -: pick 43 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Liam Fawcett -: pick 43 2023

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Hopefully just a mild case.
Only treatment is complete rest.
In a worse case scenario glandular fever can be completely debilitating and last months.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
In a worse case scenario glandular fever can be completely debilitating and last months.
Yeah like Will Phillips, he contracted it twice after covid. pretty much ruined his entire season, they wrote his season off by June.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully a quiet summer of rest and recovery, then if he's feeling healthy he can have a gradual build up / late pre season and play some VFL games next year for development purposes. Last thing anyone wants is to try n push through to early n it sits him on his arse for a year or more.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If his gums were studded with rotting stumps he'd be giving infections when he kissed not getting them.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What a bummer for the kid and for us as well, depending on how bad it is.
He gets what he has dreamed about and 3-4 days later is back home again. Feel for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hope it's not a bad case which could potentially wipe out a year of development

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Ugh. You can write off his 2024 right now.

Horrible disease than can keep you lethargic for a very long time.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ugh. You can write off his 2024 right now.

Horrible disease than can keep you lethargic for a very long time.
Yeah, it's at least a six-week recovery for the illness that gets him back at best, mid-January.

Then he has to get the energy back. Will be amazed if he does a month of training before round 1.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Off to an unfortunate start but this is a 4 year project so no need to panic, hopefully back on the track early next year.

Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
No such thing as a good time especially for a kid starting out. If there was one it's probably now?
First year is the most important but it's not a total write-off, if it was a knee I'd be worried, I think he'll see some footy this year and that's the most important thing. Glandular can be debilitating - just ask Anthony Banik, but if there's lessons to be learnt from that episode it's ensuring rehab isn't backloaded to make up for lost time. Slow and steady from here, I'm sure Liam will be fine after a decent rest.