Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Every state has a victorian complex, and yes it is really weird.

I thinks its because they only small but have the best footy, beer, wine, food, and music?
Yes great place to visit.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I lived in South Australia for 12 months....they have a complex against Victorians....its really weird.

First two footy games I worked at in South Australia I came out to find my car had been covered in some sort of substance.

Wise heads informed me it was because I still had Victorian plates on. Every game after I left a Port Adelaide clothing item visible, never touched again.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
First two footy games I worked at in South Australia I came out to find my car had been covered in some sort of substance.

Wise heads informed me it was because I still had Victorian plates on. Every game after I left a Port Adelaide clothing item visible, never touched again.
I think it was John Platten who had his car keyed while he was playing State of Origin for SA at Footy Park because it had Vic plates.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

I lived at Delfin Island across from football park. Had to hide my vic number plated car on Match day.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Special breed over there.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I think it was John Platten who had his car keyed while he was playing State of Origin for SA at Footy Park because it had Vic plates.

I heard Darren Jarman's BMW had all 4 tyres slashed the 1st night he trained with Adelaide after transferring from Hawthorn. :p:p:p

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not with Kanye on the selection panel.

He'll be arguing hell for leather that Taranto isn't worthy, as it will make him look like a total dipshit (even more so) if he ended up being on the team considering his unrelenting criticism.
Cornhole will be happy to be proven wrong by years end as he claims great joy n pride for providing the inspiration for TT to have an All Aust season.

• Wow

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

I used to work (voluntarily) for a supporters group that organised trips interstate to watch the North Melbourne Giants basketball.

One year in Adelaide, we were spat on, had food thrown on us/at us while walking to our seats. It got worse when we had won the game and needed to leave the venue.
This was only topped by Illawarra (Wollongong) Hawks. The windows in the bus got smashed one year. So the coach captain had to drop us off, then go park waaaaaaaay away from the venue and return to pick us up. The last time I went in the old "Snake pit" we had to cross the court to get out the (only) exit. We had 20ish supporters and punches were thrown as we walked across the court. The Giants and Hawks players had to come out of the dressing rooms to calm things down.....and the *smile* court announcer told us "You won the game, why can't you just go home where you're from without starting fights.".
The special breeds exist both North and West of the borders...we're KaneCornered.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Every state has a victorian complex, and yes it is really weird.

I thinks its because they only small but have the best footy, beer, wine, food, and music?
I have watched the tigers play in nsw, qld, WA and SA. Even over in Perth I don’t get the abuse I got in Adelaide.
I might consider going to Adelaide for a final but I would never go there again for a home and away game.
Had a family member who had his car keyed as well.

• Wow

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Without looking at the numbers, tigermike, I'd have guessed 19-2 at some stage in the last. Massacre. Fifteen n a row? Twenty?

Our defenders carried us for long periods. That was a leatherstorm.

Checking numbers...
Leatherstorm.
Brilliance

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I have watched the tigers play in nsw, qld, WA and SA. Even over in Perth I don’t get the abuse I got in Adelaide.
I might consider going to Adelaide for a final but I would never go there again for a home and away game.
Had a family member who had his car keyed as well.
My parents drove to SA for a holiday once, and they got abuse for being Victorian. I worked with a bloke who was king hit at a State of Origin game over there.

• Wow

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
My parents drove to SA for a holiday once, and they got abuse for being Victorian. I worked with a bloke who was king hit at a State of Origin game over there.
It's always the other way around when ive gone to football Park.
The day Neeld kicked the winner 95 or 96,
The day Bickley broke Kellaways nose.
The night Justin Charles kicked 3 before half time.
Victorians 3
South Australians 0

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good to see even Hymie can fit Tim Taranto in his mid season All Australian side.

1A940BB8-E912-4A7F-AF8A-A9164157C565.jpeg

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We shouldve just given GWS all our picks for the next 5 years for this bloke.
It's shiit we got him 12 month's too late.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
I think its time he started getting the plaudits his overall game deserves rather than focus on a weakness. I'd hate to think where we'd be if we didn't recruit him. He's been a big win for us.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m that impressed with Timmy T that I’d like to see him take on the Captaincy next season , now I know SFA about his off field leadership skills and his desire to be the Skip, however everything on field tells me he is a leader.

Nank and Grimes are 2 of my all time favourite Tigers, however I don’t like dual Captains and both are closer to the end then the start , Taranto as at the perfect age and experience to lead us forward in a new era .

Love the fact he’s starting to nail those “ clutch” goals

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

You sure it wasn’t a couple of Punt Road Enders who found out who you were ;)

Yeah Port supporters are definitely the most feral imo , haven’t done a lot of interstate trips in recent years , however over the years found them easily the most feral and disrespectful to other team supporters, I remember been in Adelaide for the 2015 final and all the support we were getting from locals who weren’t Port supporters, Crows fans despise them. I actually find myself wanting to give Port supporters a hard time when they play us at home like we get over there , then I realise that’s not what footys about and fair chance that type of feral supporter dosent leave the comfort of their dumpster .

I do have a lot of Port supporters in my family :cool::))

• Wow