Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ballard’s gone under the radar for the last few seasons.
Yeh, he's a star. Reckon he's in that elite KD bracket now. Only 23. Taylor & Balta perhaps the only 2 young KD I'd take in front of him. Perhaps.

All from the 2017 draft.
25 Balta
28 Taylor
42 Ballard

That's some great drafting.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Very nice bloke is Tim. Happy for a photo to be taken of him and my niece for her Tigers tragic uncle. :))
IMG_5794.jpg
The family does want to know who the bloke in the back left is. Anyone?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Timmy should get into the modelling stuff Duz did years ago. He's got the looks for it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Another poor game from Timmy, why did we recruit him? When can we trade him? Dud!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
7ow4g4.jpg

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Not like you to take cheap shots like the other cowards on here Antman. (Edit: Must have changed it before I posted).

Fascinating game from Taranto.

He had 2 turnovers, in his entire career he has never averaged less than 3.1 across the season (I don't have game by game that I can access easily).

Averaged 6.3 metres gained per disposal tonight, never been under 13 across a season in his career.

Disposal efficiency up from 63% to 71%, my estimate is his kicking efficiency will be up from 44% to 60+.

Still had 7 clearances (season average) and his contested possession percentage was up around 10% on season to date so it's not like he got easier ball.

It's like he decided he was going to use the ball shorter, got rid of the dump kicks and took short options all night, often just feeding by hand.

I'm interested to trawl back through and see if he has ever had another game like it, amazing to see a 25 year make such a dramatic shift in a single game.

I can only assume he has been reading the wisdom of the great TBR and taken it on board. In which case, if you're reading this Tim, well done son, more of that and I'll shut up.

• Haha
  • Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not like you to take cheap shots like the other cowards on here Antman. (Edit: Must have changed it before I posted).

He had 2 turnovers, in his entire career he has never averaged less than 3.1 across the season (I don't have game by game that I can access easily).

Averaged 6.3 metres gained per disposal tonight, never been under 13 across a season in his career.

Disposal efficiency up from 63% to 71%, my estimate is his kicking efficiency will be up from 44% to 60+.

Still had 7 clearances (season average) and his contested possession percentage was up around 10% on season to date so it's not like he got easier ball.

It's like he decided he was going to use the ball shorter, got rid of the dump kicks and took short options all night, often just feeding by hand.

I'm interested to trawl back through and see if he has ever had another game like it, amazing to see a 25 year make such a dramatic shift in a single game.

I can only assume he has been reading the wisdom of the great TBR and taken it on board. In which case, if you're reading this Tim, well done son, more of that and I'll shut up.

See I took the cheap shot but then thought better of it, which I think shows a good spirit ;) ;)

As Cartman always says, I'm only a wannabe analyst so i defer to wiser heads when it comes to the technical breakdowns but there is maybe something in what you say about kick shorter/handball more working better for him.

Glad you reckon he's on the improve though.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Brilliant again. He's putting together a great season. I shudder to think what our midfield would look like without him.

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Insane first half numbers considering he was benched for 9 minutes as well... Gun.

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Apology to wiser foot heads accepted.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users