Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Is he being tagged by oppo as they know he's our only really damaging mid or has his work rate simply dropped?
Stats down across the board from last season. Defensively too. Concerning.

Not from what Leysy saw.

Rotated match-ups most of the day.

Looks to be hampered a little, but the bigger issue is the best midfields now can all run. Butters today torched us for midfield breakaway speed.

The Swans are a step up again in that regard and reckon they will show Tim (and our midfield in general) up again for lack of pace.

Reactions: 2 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
His story reminds me of when I dumped my girlfriend in school days to go out with a hot but trashy babe. My ex ended up a stunner while my new girlfriend was all shagged out and not just by me. Big mistake and hindsight!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Limped a fair bit today, looked very proppy at times.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The Swans are a step up again in that regard and reckon they will show Tim (and our midfield in general) up again for lack of pace.
Sydney are the current benchmark no doubt. As commented already their pace is ballistic. That said I’m not convinced Taranto is the problem. He was great last year.
I’m more worried by what’s been around him this year.

Hopper injured & slow
Graham injured & slow
Prestia injured & broken down
Ross slow & inexperienced as midfielder
Dow no good
Dusty aging
Baker small
Shai endurance?

McAuliffe comes in & will hopefully improve things. Hopefully.

But the cupboard is pretty bare. Our midfield would be close to the worst in the comp. Blair clearly misfired re Hopper.

But Tim’s carrying a heavy load right now & as others have said is probably wondering WTF? Hope he gets some help soon..

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sydney are the current benchmark no doubt. As commented already their pace is ballistic. That said I’m not convinced Taranto is the problem. He was great last year.
I’m more worried by what’s been around him this year.

Hopper injured & slow
Graham injured & slow
Prestia injured & broken down
Ross slow & inexperienced as midfielder
Dow no good
Dusty aging
Baker small
Shai endurance?

McAuliffe comes in & will hopefully improve things. Hopefully.

But the cupboard is pretty bare. Our midfield would be close to the worst in the comp. Blair clearly misfired re Hopper.

But Tim’s carrying a heavy load right now & as others have said is probably wondering WTF? Hope he gets some help soon..
People keep on saying Blair, but Ginger nuts Hardwick wouldve made the call on both coming over. The 7yr deals money.
Hardwick after that final in 2022 was No retreat No surrender part 2 mode.
He wanted revenge.
The blokes who are meant to keep us competitive have derailed us and made us worse then WC.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Basically played primary inside mid whole game without any bullocking support. The other main midfield attendees Dow, Bolton, Baker, Ross aren't the big strong types to block. Played 85% game time, I reckon closer to 95% for the first 3 quarters. And based on first two games I think he has some niggles. I feel for the guy. Is probably thinking what has he done going to the Tigers but anyone with some foresight could have seen the Tigers face a few tough years ahead particularly with the lack of young player development from 2021 onwards.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's lame. Carrying us last year might have done him a mischief.

He came for one thing, we'll be paying him for the next six years for something else. I hope he gets the reward at the end, he'll have earned it.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
His story reminds me of when I dumped my girlfriend in school days to go out with a hot but trashy babe. My ex ended up a stunner while my new girlfriend was all shagged out and not just by me. Big mistake and hindsight!
I can see the hot, but not the trashy.

I'm not concerned at all really by the TT JH deal, and I'm starting to get sick of the constant sooking about it. It was a bold move that didn't come off, it happens to every side. But they are both top seasoned professionals who will play a lot of good games for us and help us with the rebuild.

• Dislike
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Looked fresh and sound against the Swans and did very well at clearance. Outstanding. Once or twice paused a nanosecond before using and tapped well once.

That was a massively improved game for endeavour and ball winning. And a little for use.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Surprised there’s not more discussion about his game here, he was immense. Every bit back to his best from last year and not a moment too soon.

Reactions: 7 users