Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
In a tumultuous, topsy turvy world of trumpism and climate change, I can definitely see consecutive Castagna dual brownlow/Coleman medal seasons.

Questions will be asked why do we waste so much money on dusty and lynch.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Questions will be asked why do we waste so much money on dusty and lynch.

A player of George's ability needs great players around him to capitalise on his brilliance. Without them his brilliance will go to waste.

Reactions: 1 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Nailed a couple of absolute critical goals in the PF, one from a terrific contested grab.

The definition of x-factor.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Now Rance has retired.
When will the club announce George as Vice Captain??
Now that Pell has been removed as Vice Patron, i think Georgie has more of a chance of being Vice Chaplain of the RFC, than he has of being Vice Captain :cool:..............................:help

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Now that Pell has been removed as Vice Patron, i think Georgie has more of a chance of being Vice Chaplain of the RFC, than he has of being Vice Captain :cool:..............................:help
Jeez Tigerman, are you trying to shoot the messenger and imperil or malign Zipps? Most uncalled for!

Trust the blessed Pell enjoyed the Christmas season and is sharing a cell with a Collingwood diehard.

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Geezus - why not straight to the Vatican as Pell's replacment?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
The GOAT

What an inspired pick based on this greatest highlights package of all time!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The GOAT

What an inspired pick based on this greatest highlights package of all time!

Think I'll call him Jason Enigma from now on......, we certainly knew what we were getting based on the highlights though, .... always had the x factor and nothing's changed.
#gogeorge

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That was terrific TF2017, jeez he has always had amazing athleticism and you can just see players around him having no idea what is gonna happen when he gets the ball.

I love the play where he takes off with his opponent almost in touching reach know2ing the bloke won't get him, takes 2 bounces and then kicks sideways on his left out of bounds. No one but George capable of such a play.

Oh, and that guy could be AA this year.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Ha Ha

Only the very last kick was marked by a teammate ......perfect rookie choice

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
That was terrific TF2017, jeez he has always had amazing athleticism and you can just see players around him having no idea what is gonna happen when he gets the ball.

I love the play where he takes off with his opponent almost in touching reach know2ing the bloke won't get him, takes 2 bounces and then kicks sideways on his left out of bounds. No one but George capable of such a play.

Oh, and that guy could be AA this year.
Some solid off-season viewing!

What is remarkable however is how the club has developed this rough diamond into such a weapon. His grand final was scintillating. Full credit to the development coaches at the club.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
His power, speed and change of direction was evident early on. Only recruiters who have no idea would overlook him completely.
The club quickly and astutely realised that his spring for marking, and explosive speed with good evasion skills, but highly unpredictable disposal, meant he was far better forward kicking at the sticks, than he would ever be reliable kicking to a teammate from out of the backline.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Watching the Grand Final replay Pickett and Castagna played well together. Quite a few passes to each other which were in chains of possessions that led to goals. Will be interesting to see this develop over 2020

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watching the Grand Final replay Pickett and Castagna played well together. Quite a few passes to each other which were in chains of possessions that led to goals. Will be interesting to see this develop over 2020
As long as Pickett is the last one on the chain then all good

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users