Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Kicked 3 but didn't do a lot overall. Only 3 disposals after quarter time. Only player to not get a contested possession. Was good with his defensive pressure as he always is.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Kicked 3 but didn't do a lot overall. Only 3 disposals after quarter time. Only player to not get a contested possession. Was good with his defensive pressure as he always is.

He was at his best with his pressure.
Pity the pricks didn't give him 2 certain free kicks one for holding the man and the other for hit in the face and one holding the ball in our 50.
Nice goal from 48.5 metres...

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No crowd No Worries for Castagnafield.
3 goals.
One from 45 absolutely brilliant in the first half.
The maggots dont give him Nothing. He was hit in the face, play on and He was held without the ball again play on.
Yeh, great start from George. Not huge numbers but manic again and as you pointed out no luck from umpires.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeh, great start from George. Not huge numbers but manic again and as you pointed out no luck from umpires.

I can't remember the last time he actually got a free kick.
Compare him to Cameron, Ryan & Miers.
They get more free kicks in a single game then castagna gets in a year.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
His energy in the forward line (which can be erratic at times) is crucial for the Tigers.
I enjoy how he goes about his footy, even if I do have my heart in my mouth on occasions.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
George's kicking was good last night, I wonder whether he put his boots on the wrong feet.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Konrad on George.

Excellent article. I find the focus on the 5 points interesting. It's a rough old result for sure, but for mine it was easily the best game I'd seen him play, and I really do think it was pivotal in breaking GWS. He was on a different level of manic - it was symbolic. It must have been intimidating seeing a guy go 10% more intense, 10% faster, 10% harder than most players are even capable of.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
George's kicking was good last night, I wonder whether he put his boots on the wrong feet.

George is the player we have all been looking for the last 37 years.
Skilful, fast, elusive, Great defensively and he doesn't ask for 800k a season or wants to go to Geelong.
Castagna for me, is 90% of the reason we are good. Alongside Lambert, Rioli, Butler & Bolton.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Excellent article. I find the focus on the 5 points interesting. It's a rough old result for sure, but for mine it was easily the best game I'd seen him play, and I really do think it was pivotal in breaking GWS. He was on a different level of manic - it was symbolic. It must have been intimidating seeing a guy go 10% more intense, 10% faster, 10% harder than most players are even capable of.

Post of the week.
Brilliant.
Anyone that really knows football would've seen it.
His performance in the GF was unbelievable. GWS couldn't stop his run. All he had to do was just kick 2 or 3. And today he would've been.
The 2 time premiership and 1 time norm smith medal winner,
George Castagnafield.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Konrad on George.

What a great read. Konrad has the knack of writing stories that have a happy ending.
Love Georgie’s line .... "No one will remember the guy who kicked 3 goals 1, but everyone remembers the guy who kicked five points and one out on the full!"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I watched the Fremantle game last night. I'm still gobsmacked George didn't win Goal of the Year. I'm also outraged he wasn't All Australian. I reckon he might have had to kick 5 to win the Norm, zip, but I love watching this bloke play. He is a little untidy at times but he is a gun.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I watched the Fremantle game last night. I'm still gobsmacked George didn't win Goal of the Year. I'm also outraged he wasn't All Australian. I reckon he might have had to kick 5 to win the Norm, zip, but I love watching this bloke play. He is a little untidy at times but he is a gun.

If he kicked the one when he went past 4 of the GWS players,
The one when he snapped coming into forward 50 and the one to Collingwood stand.
He would've went close.
As far as the freo goal goes,
it should've been in the top 3, but with the typical Richmond hate they brushed it aside as if it was a regular snap.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

It was goal of the year all day long, he is a force of nature.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That goal against Freo when he used the umpire to shepherd was pure magic.

George is a great player. Yes, his goalkicking is definitely a problem (probably mainly between the ears, who knows, yips or something), but he misses quite a few because he creates so many opportunities. Without Castagna there we would have less opportunity to score. I hope his kicking for goal improves but he is an automatic selection even if it doesn't.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That goal against Freo when he used the umpire to shepherd was pure magic.

George is a great player. Yes, his goalkicking is definitely a problem (probably mainly between the ears, who knows, yips or something), but he misses quite a few because he creates so many opportunities. Without Castagna there we would have less opportunity to score. I hope his kicking for goal improves but he is an automatic selection even if it doesn't.

DS
What you say about it being between his ears has a lot of merit. Set shots appear to be his real weakness. He’s not too bad on the run when he doesn’t have time to think about it.