Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
George was good on friday night. He's quick and runs hard which is what the slow cats really struggle with

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, I've been slagging George off all season, but hopefully he keeps improving and can kick 0.5 in the GF this year as well

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Although it won’t make the list, George’s goal should be a contender for goty. He set it up from down back, got the ball, gave it off, kept running, received the give, handball, keep running, get another give and then slam it through on the run. It was also the final nail that halted Geelong’s run.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
Let's take a minute and highlight how good this bloke is.
Yeah he might f up sometimes, miss the unmissable.
But watching him on Friday night in formula 1 mode run up and down the ground was unbelievable.

If Dangerfield kicked that goal at the end it wouldve been news of the week..spoken about on every footy show and radio station.

He was right there when Baker caught Dangerfield, he received 2 handball's in that play leading to him kicking that goal. And this was done at full speed. 6 player's involved. Unbelievable play

When Rioli and castagna play well we look stronger.
Spot on, and he took the responsibility to kick the goal himself. Which I really liked.....confidence booster.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
George was good on friday night. He's quick and runs hard which is what the slow cats really struggle with
Nah, the cats will be ok when they get Selwood, Stanley and Ablett back to inject some speed....

Hang on a sec.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Cripps goal today, apparently GOFY contender....

Georgies goal on Friday, barely celebrated and just as impressive

Biggest difference was Cripps kicked a could that put them still 5 goals down down in the 3rd against the wooden spooners, whereas Georgies was a nail in the coffin for a top of the table clash where the Cats were storming home to an orgasmic climax, according to Bruce Mc's reaction

Reactions: 4 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Let's take a minute and highlight how good this bloke is.
Yeah he might f up sometimes, miss the unmissable.
But watching him on Friday night in formula 1 mode run up and down the ground was unbelievable.

If Dangerfield kicked that goal at the end it wouldve been news of the week..spoken about on every footy show and radio station.

He was right there when Baker caught Dangerfield, he received 2 handball's in that play leading to him kicking that goal. And this was done at full speed. 6 player's involved. Unbelievable play

When Rioli and castagna play well we look stronger.

Agreed. He's the last person you'd want in a Sam Lloyd type moment, but geez when he puts on the burners it's impressive. Imperative to the chaos and running game.

Countering that, the Cats' kicking around and controlling the ball was so, so boring. Reminded of me watching the Tigers in the '90s as a kid when we'd just chip and chip... and chip. Awful.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Biggest difference was Cripps kicked a could that put them still 5 goals down down in the 3rd against the wooden spooners, whereas Georgies was a nail in the coffin for a top of the table clash where the Cats were storming home to an orgasmic climax, according to Bruce Mc's reaction

And the cherry on top with Georges goal was that it came after Hawkins stupidly played on instead of having a set shot. The Cats didn't have time to set up after he kicked a behind. I bet Salty wanted to kick his behind.

Reactions: 1 user

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
And the cherry on top with Georges goal was that it came after Hawkins stupidly played on instead of having a set shot. The Cats didn't have time to set up after he kicked a behind. I bet Salty wanted to kick his behind.

The commentators performance for the last 5 minutes in our match was insipid. For the Castagna goal, the Baker strip + The Reiwoldt mark and goal - barely a decible of intensity. They were the 2 most spectacular and telling moments of the whole game

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Friday night was a demonstration why dimma and the mc want george and rioli in the team even though they have been struggling throughout the season

their ability to repeatedly cover ground at a high speed and apply massive amounts of pressure is highly valued

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm seeing good signs with George's unreliable goal kicking.
His set shots look better to me, and I loved that goal in the last quarter when he ran 'straight' and slotted the goal. His goal kicking is all that's holding him back from being a bonafide star.

Reactions: 5 users