Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Compare the two; Castagna 8 pressure acts 2 defensive half, MRJ 27 including 8 defensive half
That defensive pressure in the forward line is what has improved immensely of late and something that Castagna has not been able to help provide for ages. Two-way running, meh, I don't see it, the only time I see Castagna on defensive side of the ground is in the last quarter. He's been better last 2 games but only because he's been so woeful prior to that. I think we now have potential players to try that will give a better result.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Guess had the most score involvements on the ground?
Shia?
Dusty?
Shorty?

You know who.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Or handball to a stationary ruckman.
A beautiful moment when castagna gives it to his teammate with better skills to kick it forward.

Reckon each time George has a kick we'll see Soldo and Nank lurking for a little round the back handball to pad their stats

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought it was one of George’s betters games recently, which says a bit . Fact is Dimma loves the role he plays and he won’t be going anywhere wether we like it or not . Personally I think we can upgrade easily with a more skilled player who may lack the defensive side George ads , but that’s just me I prefer forwards who kick goals and aren’t only about defensive pressure

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Jink Castagna

When we are surging forward and runners all around,
Jink turns back into the crowd
Jink he goes one way
Jink he goes another
Lost and in a state of bother
Time to handball at the feet
The footballer's day is complete

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Guess had the most score involvements on the ground?
Shia?
Dusty?
Shorty?

You know who.
Riewoldt, Prestia, Baker, Edwards, Castagna all had 8 SI’s.
Are you sure you couldn’t find any other stats to pad georgie’s performance? Talk about desperate

Guess which defensive forward had 6 turnovers, zero 1%ers and no tackles inside 50?
But he ran fast and often. Guarded space somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Riewoldt, Prestia, Baker, Edwards, Castagna all had 8 SI’s.
Are you sure you couldn’t find any other stats to pad georgie’s performance? Talk about desperate

Guess which defensive forward had 6 turnovers, zero 1%ers and no tackles inside 50?
But he ran fast and often. Guarded space somewhere.
Georgie fan bois love to pick out obscure data to defend him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Got his career average goal again last night. What's wrong with all the haters out there? Dimma's said often enough that he doesn't count game stats the same way other clubs n the meedjia do n he's got 3 flags with the lowest overall possession side in the comp.
Besides all of that, when the maggots are crawling up our arses n causing massive angst n distress. What the *smile* are we gunna do for light hearted amusement n comic relief without Georgie?

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
They find every obscure way to take goals off us.

I’ve only seen that paid once before against richo when Chris bond kicked a goal against Sydney and we lost by a point.
Paid it against Jack in one of our finals, after Bashar kicked a goal.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Got his career average goal again last night. What's wrong with all the haters out there? Dimma's said often enough that he doesn't count game stats the same way other clubs n the meedjia do n he's got 3 flags with the lowest overall possession side in the comp.
Besides all of that, when the maggots are crawling up our arses n causing massive angst n distress. What the *smile* are we gunna do for light hearted amusement n comic relief without Georgie?
You can be a critic without being a “hater”
Every player’s performance can be scrutinised and often is.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yep, Geeeoooorrrrggeeee does get his standard goal per game, which is OK for a small foward. Add to that defensive running and score involvements and I guess that's why the MC keeps picking him.

He also did a nice baulk on the half forward flank to bamboozle a Bombre, thought he was Shai Bolton for a moment