Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His biggest game of his life and was in everything early. I loved that. This kid won't die wondering.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
When some guys run full tilt, it all seems to be in control and with a purpose. This guy falls into the other category. Freakin manic.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
MB78 said:
His biggest game of his life and was in everything early. I loved that. This kid won't die wondering.

Agree.
Looks a dead set goer.
Ball seeking missile from the get go.
Needs polish as legs can move faster than brain, but his line breaking makes things happen.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
17 said:
Agree.
Looks a dead set goer.
Ball seeking missile from the get go.
Needs polish as legs can move faster than brain, but his line breaking makes things happen.

Liked the signs, looked a bit rushed but we'll see how he develops on the VFL this year.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma calls him George Costanza and now I've heard Grimes call him Jase Costanza. Poor kid, looks like it's stuck. ;D

Ruanaidh

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2012
There is something about this boy. He reminds me of a young Jarrod McVeigh, just needs to settle and mature over the next 2 years. Was the most impressive out of our new recruits today imo.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ruanaidh said:
There is something about this boy. He reminds me of a young Jarrod McVeigh, just needs to settle and mature over the next 2 years. Was the most impressive out of our new recruits today imo.
Yep

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Happily see a Tigers' player develop in the mould of Jarrod McVeigh.
Seems the Club has recruited a few potential likely-sorts ... fingers crossed one or two come up with the cherries.

Ruanaidh

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2012
Bullarto Tiger said:
Happily see a Tigers' player develop in the mould of Jarrod McVeigh.
Seems the Club has recruited a few potential likely-sorts ... fingers crossed one or two come up with the cherries.
The new recruits will all need time but if you watch for signs of the attributes the recruiters could see in them they are apparent but early in their development.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Ruanaidh said:

Geez hope so.

No better user of the football over the past 15 years than Jarrod McVeigh.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Leysy Days said:
Geez hope so.

He's not McVeigh for mine.

Castagna took the game on at every opportunity.

Problem is, he often turned the ball over.

If he increases his situational awareness to the point where he can keep his eyes up field looking for targets, whilst running a million miles an hour then we might be onto something here.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
SkillzThatKillz said:
He's not McVeigh for mine.

Castagna took the game on at every opportunity.

Problem is, he often turned the ball over.

If he increases his situational awareness to the point where he can keep his eyes up field looking for targets, whilst running a million miles an hour then we might be onto something here.

It took 5 years, but we were able to teach Matt White how to do that. There's hope we can turn this kid around too.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Geez hope so.

No, no, and no. He's a rough diamond. Lacks polish. But runs hard, runs straight and runs to link up. But he's ball use is the major issue.

Ripplestick said:
He reminds me of Marty matter.

This is much closer, running defender. Bit of Harry O the way he attacks the footy. Something to work with.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Next recruit off the rank I reckon.

Is quick, a penetrating kick, agile and courageous.

Got it twenty times off half back down at rainy Frankston and used it well.

A very dangerous player. We are crying out for someone like him in the back half.

I'd give him a go for sure.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Great to hear Carter , the knock on him was the kicking, so glad to hear he used the slippery pill well, defiantly a hole we need fillef