Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

It's not just the use, although it was elite. It was the key contest wins as well. In front of the interchange, when he was out of position and picked the Swan's pocket, turning a likely Swans scoring chance into a counter attack for us. The one just inside D50 when won a hot ball and in a flash released a teammate by hand. This kid can football.
He can football indeed. He has got size too. And a bit of levitating ability- I'll have to find that thread at some stage to add him to the list. And winner's attitude.

Is there anything he can't do?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I'm loving seeing his kicking skills. Can't wait to see once he's settled in and getting higher disposal counts. Everything points to him being a very very good footballer for us.

Reactions: 2 users
Do I detect some in utero swagger also?

Just a touch of *smile* about him?

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully Gibbo out was a blessing in disguise to give Brown a regular spot to build.

Needs to get more ball by running to get the handball receive. We need the ball in his hands.

Reactions: 8 users
Tom Brown's press conference, (worked really hard on his defence in the off-season), gaining more confidence to use his skills and use his weapons:love:

Reactions: 4 users
He can football indeed. He has got size too. And a bit of levitating ability- I'll have to find that thread at some stage to add him to the list. And winner's attitude.

Is there anything he can't do?
Bowl a flipper.

Did he play mostly on Hayward? Did Hayward have any impact?

Elite ball Uber but this is nothing new.

But now he is also defending and winning contests.

How good must it be to learn defensive values off the great Nick Vlastuin.

And he's learning them. Fast. Starting to belong.

Reactions: 11 users
Yesterday was my first real chance to see him. Beautiful kick and a good size. He has clearly grown in height a bit since coming to us. Looked a bit slow when running but my eldest was convinced it wasn’t lack of speed but that he was gassed and will need to work on his tank. Some pretty good signs yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday was my first real chance to see him. Beautiful kick and a good size. He has clearly grown in height a bit since coming to us. Looked a bit slow when running but my eldest was convinced it wasn’t lack of speed but that he was gassed and will need to work on his tank. Some pretty good signs yesterday.
He ain't slow, 20 metre sprint is 2.983 seconds

There was a moment early in Q4. Tom had the ball at CHB, easy options left, easy options right. You know, team mates sagging off into non-threatening space.

But Tom said “nah, I’m Tom faarking Brown and I’m gonna drill this corridor pass so hard they’ll need a gastroscopy to find it.”

He hit the pass. And I believed.
close, it was late in the 3rd, with about 4 min's left

Pretty to watch

Nice game from Tom; used the ball really well. Looks to be a beautiful kick; nice to see for a change.

Not sure what the tank is like; saw him jogging on a couple of occasions when the Swans got us on transition. That will come with a couple of more pre seasons.

Bowl a flipper.

Did he play mostly on Hayward? Did Hayward have any impact?
Not sure. He was on Papley at once stage late. I think the backs just rotated.

I think the doors should be locked on the Brown Express. We don't want it over crowded with those jumping over board from the Van Rooten ferry.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users