Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Peoples knock on Brown was whether he could play the hardball. 7 contested possessions out of 13, match high 8 intercepts shows what he can do. Once we can start to generate a bit more overlap run for him, with him on the handball receive, then we can see a bit more of how he can impact out game offensively through his kicking.

Stays in for me. Happy with what he provided today.

Reactions: 6 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
How van spud wants to go back to south Australia going this year. Everyone was crying we missed out id take brown still ahead of him every day of the week.

Reactions: 1 users

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
How van spud wants to go back to south Australia going this year. Everyone was crying we missed out id take brown still ahead of him every day of the week.
Van Rooyen?

He’s from WA.

Last night he was as ineffective as Lefau was against Port, not easy against Ratugolea and Alir.

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Looked the goods.
Taller than I thought.
Composed.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
There was a moment early in Q4. Tom had the ball at CHB, easy options left, easy options right. You know, team mates sagging off into non-threatening space.

But Tom said “nah, I’m Tom faarking Brown and I’m gonna drill this corridor pass so hard they’ll need a gastroscopy to find it.”

He hit the pass. And I believed.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
He has a sweet, sweet boot.

A couple of laser like passes into crowded traffic hit their mark.

So much improvement left in him.

Reactions: 8 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Composed, elite disposal.

Excited to watch his development.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarMal

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2014
Has some personality too! He is a player and glad he played so well against the swans who we beat to draft him!

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We need to get the ball into his hands off half back.

Reactions: 3 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
He actually took a good pack mark too, that wasn't paid due to interference

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There was a moment early in Q4. Tom had the ball at CHB, easy options left, easy options right. You know, team mates sagging off into non-threatening space.

But Tom said “nah, I’m Tom faarking Brown and I’m gonna drill this corridor pass so hard they’ll need a gastroscopy to find it.”

He hit the pass. And I believed.
That was a dart. In traffic. At a pressure points. Coconuts.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's not just the use, although it was elite. It was the key contest wins as well. In front of the interchange, when he was out of position and picked the Swan's pocket, turning a likely Swans scoring chance into a counter attack for us. The one just inside D50 when won a hot ball and in a flash released a teammate by hand. This kid can football.

Reactions: 11 users