Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

First time I’ve seen him play live today. Athletically he looks impressive and seemed to have some footy smarts. Played quite well .

Reactions: 5 users
Played really well. Defensively looks rock solid. Needs to work on taking intercept marks and getting offensive possies. Pleasant surprise

Reactions: 3 users
Plenty to work with. He's got the size and speed to make it as a KPD. His composure with marking and offensive play will come with continuity. Definitely a positive of the season so far.

I dont think Dave would mind,

If we start calling him

down the line Ty

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Played really well. Defensively looks rock solid. Needs to work on taking intercept marks and getting offensive possies. Pleasant surprise
I think that’ll come. Like I mentioned on the game thread yesterday, he’s being handled very much how Grimes was initially, punch and spoil first.

Reactions: 4 users
He did try and run off, and run past for the handball, just not sure he's ready for that yet.

Looks like we might have our Dave Astbury replacement?

Reactions: 2 users
Huge bonus this bloke, bloke is doing Tarrant and Astburys role while getting paid match payments

A bargain

• Haha
Quietly coming along very well , a lot of raw talent to work with , may well be a bit better then a lot are seeing at this point

Quietly coming along very well , a lot of raw talent to work with , may well be a bit better then a lot are seeing at this point

agree and I reckon the coaches see it which is why he has already played 4 AFL games, 4 more than what I expected for the whole season tbh.

If he comes on, it completely remodels our defence going forward and will allow Balta to play a more attacking role and Gibs is the ready replacement for one of Grimes or Vlas.

Lucky for us as it looks like our short term solution of Tarrant is cooked.

Reactions: 1 users
agree and I reckon the coaches see it which is why he has already played 4 AFL games, 4 more than what I expected for the whole season tbh.

If he comes on, it completely remodels our defence going forward and will allow Balta to play a more attacking role and Gibs is the ready replacement for one of Grimes or Vlas.

Lucky for us as it looks like our short term solution of Tarrant is cooked.
Yep Gibcus is a bit of a forgotten gun in the back half , lot can happen this year and we may miss our last chance with this group , however I see a fair bit of “potential “ in the cubs . As u say Balta, Young and Gibcus make a very handy key back half , ad in Biggie and there’s some depth too

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if Youngs great start, might allow the match committee to have a look at Gibcus as a forward when he comes back.