Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

George has freed up a space, monsab. The club knows where Tarrant is at. Tarrant may not know yet but he'll realise.
Yeh I know but if Tarrant retires or is placed on the inactive list in the next 6 weeks we can pick up a second player in the MSD. With our long term injuries and rotten luck it wouldn’t hurt to bolster a couple of positions on the ground

Reactions: 1 user
The Balta running thing is coming, tt2. It's the plan. Balta *smile* up 20 times last night but he did run a couple of times. If we can bed down Young as #1 back Balta gets less responsibility (we hope!) and he can get on the break. That takes running heat off Daniel and Baker. Three line breaking backs is AFL elite.

Young is key.
Yes I think Balta is still playing last years or even PreSeason intructions. Young has risen quickly and has no limit so far to how good he can be.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Is playing a better Grimes brand of football than Grimes. A rare positive so far this season.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just shows its not all about the draft. On showing so far Young is a top 20 pick in my eyes. KPD who has agility, speed and reads the play well. This needs to be our prototype pick for the next couple of years

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
If Tylar keeps going like he's done so far, he may finish up with the number 12 jumper.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Dodoro has complained to the AFL that we've been draft tampering, he wanted to draft Tylar but we beat him to it. :oops::)

Going ok and does the defensive things really well. Hoping he adds intercept marking to his reportoire as he gets more comfortable at the top level.

Just shows its not all about the draft. On showing so far Young is a top 20 pick in my eyes. KPD who has agility, speed and reads the play well. This needs to be our prototype pick for the next couple of years
The thing is he is still learning the game so what will we have after a couple of years? Something special!

Reactions: 1 user
Between them Balta, Balta, Balta, Grimes and Vlastuin let the ball out the back many times against Sydney. This is matchlosing stuff.

Young had a great night in this respect. He will get harder matchups.

We started the year with a simple challenge, to find one, just one tall back. As at R5 2023 we had one, just one.

Long way to go here but there was a light.

Yep, and finally we were able to grab someone from our VFL side before bloody Essendon. I hope we have ditched the idea of Narkle for the MSD and look elsewhere. Surely we’ll look at a key forward who’s performing well at state league level, or even go with another Tiger in Mutaz El-Nour who has been fantastic down back in our VFL.

Reactions: 2 users
Young Gibcus Balta
Short Baker Rioli

A lot to look forward to.

I think another half-back will emerge 2024,( Hugo o_O, yes despite his decision making and composure at present) & (Browno_O, yes despite being unable to get on the park), i think Shorty, Shai and Sonsie are needed to provide the outside to our midfield mix.

Not expecting a lot of 'likes' for my choices.

If Hugo is dropped for Short this week at half back my statement will look even more ridiculous ;)

Reactions: 4 users
We've also recruited Smith as a running HB. Does Steely or Seth go into that mix one day too?

Completely forgot about Smith who showed some promising dash in his one and only appearance but still way too early to make any judgement on his bona fides.