Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Was doing well until they moved balta into the ruck then started to get blocked in the contest .

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He did hit a forward lace out today.
Not many of his teammates can claim that.

To his credit, he didn't drop his head, and fought the game out, just over matched, and overwhelmed on the day, like about 15 others.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Alot of people are saying he is doing well.
Is he really or are we being nice.
I saw him today he was as bad a Miller

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Good temperament under pressure. That's the long-term takeaway from today.

At just 30 total games in the sport, he'll improve rapidly while also making mistakes in unfamiliar situations

It'll be a different story if he's making the same mistakes every week, but so far he's not.

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
He was poor today. Shouldn’t have been on King but even so was sub-standard. Kick across goal was woeful but he had no defensive tricks to stop King.
King got his goals mainly from our mistakes (mis kicks or free kicks!) Tylar was alright, gave away a few silly free kicks and that terrible turnover in the back half but hey, our other defenders cough up goals like that every week! He had 8 intercepts so is improving in that aspect of his game, as well as offensively. Can only help continuing to get games into him

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Not sure what the excitement was about, I am just seeing a taller but less mobile version of Ryan Garthwaite....too dour, too defensive, too robotic, too slow up top.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I am rapt with Tyler Young's progression this year, including yesterday.
Came from nowhere pre-season and is now a lock for a key backman role - remarkable.
Yes he made a glaring error yesterday but not many of his team mates covered themselves in glory, bar a few notable exceptions.
That clanger in no way diminishes his enormous output so far this year imho.
Needs to iron out a few wrinkles (hand on opponents shoulder) but has been a shining light of our up and comers.
Is the future and must be played every week from now on.

Reactions: 5 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Alot of people are saying he is doing well.
Is he really or are we being nice.
I saw him today he was as bad a Miller
Can't agree.

Miller cannot seem to get forward traction on his career, somewhat hindered by Match Committee's incessant chopping and changing of his roles.
Having said that, his lack of physical presence and contest awareness is RCD-like.
Allowed Witts to stroll away from a centre contest yesterday, and let him slip a pathetic tackle in another instance, both of which were poor.
He has the tools but a lack of belief and confidence.
Needs 20 Red Bulls before he runs out, or a pre-game slap around like Samson asks for.

Tyler is going well given his lack of footy experience.
Seems likely to be able to take up the Dave Astbury role.

Miller needs to grasp his opportunity asap or the club will give the other rookie talls a crack.

Reactions: 2 users

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Didn’t mention him the medical report assume he’s available this week

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Had a quick look at some stats.. his contested defensive loss % for a first year player (albeit a mature one) is just incredible. Has had 24 one on one contests and only lost 3, and is in some high quality company with that percentage. Also, to go along with 54 spoils (9 per game). Yes he has made some errors at times with disposal and free kicks against but he’s certainly not alone with that! If he can keep up this really good defensive work and add some more intercepting to his game he will be an absolute star. Hope he’s back this week

IMG_0700.png

• Love