Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Agree it's his go... but he needs to be able to defend when it's his turn and put his head over the ball when it's his turn. I'm yet to see him regularly apply a tackle to an opposition player who isn't stationary... and whilst he has real skill he rushes his disposal under physical pressure... even at VFL level I've watched him butcher his disposal in space just because he thought someone was near. I'm hoping it's just a young player who is still finding his way and once he gets more confidence in his body to ride the knocks he'll improve in all facets.... but in isolation the thought of McAuliffe putting him into space in the midfield has appeal. The thought of McAuliffe not winning it and the opposition scooting easily around Sonsie not so much. .. but I so want him to make it.
Agree with most of that.

Not if he’s the outside receive - from Taranto, McAuliffe, Hopper etc - which is his go.
Exactly ! This is who Sonsie is as a player, he is the mid who finishes off the work of the inside players.

I get the feeling Yze wants to play him because he rates him but can’t find a place for him in the midfield. Forward is not his go, at least not as a permanent forward.

He has great natural feel for the game and is creative with ball in hand but does need to be stronger in the contest at times.

Reactions: 1 users
Meh. Unless there's some sort of epiphany moment for him then I'll be more than happy to never see him in a Tigers jumper again.
Total outside, uncontested, entitled lurker who shuffles around the ground in first gear and minimum revs, playing uncontested footy virtually all game long. Hits the throttle only when there's loose ball n minimal pressure in front of him. Maximum soft *smile* at AFL level.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I thought his effort was up again today. Poor use in the main but did some good things. Not getting enough ball.

Reactions: 2 users
Sonsie….
sxsw 2016 hard work GIF by SXSW

• Haha
Gotta actually put some effort n body in at this level if you want to get some ball.
Even his detractors (let us not mention h8rs), TM, have noticed that the Sonz is putting hios head over the ball these days. Not to say he can't do it more often. Baby steps.

Just to clarify, you and I are the only h8rs.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to brightside. In the final minutes when the game was on the line he was involved in a number of plays. He buggered a couple but he also snapped a quick (touched) goal on his left foot.

I'm taking it as a positive that his fitness was sufficient to get him to some hot contests late in the game, and his smarts enough to know where those contests were going to be. Baby steps, sure, but steps all the same.

Reactions: 16 users
Small ground was always gonna be contested. Wanna see him more in the open at the G.

13 touches. 1 Tk. 1 Clearance. 7 turnover.

1.1 goal. 3 GBG. (Good.) 2 SI - nah, bad.

7 Turnover. Poor use. Must lift. But did put his head over the ball.

One issue is we have high half forwards who go alright. Martin. Bolton.
Sonz is a bit of a square peg in a circular hole atm, he can be involved in good scoring chains but not often enough (cf Martin Bolton)
He doesnt have the dynamic pressure to be small forward.
Needs another crack on a normal ground. Some good things. Some soft plays. Still a cub

Meh. Unless there's some sort of epiphany moment for him then I'll be more than happy to never see him in a Tigers jumper again.
Total outside, uncontested, entitled lurker who shuffles around the ground in first gear and minimum revs, playing uncontested footy virtually all game long. Hits the throttle only when there's loose ball n minimal pressure in front of him. Maximum soft *smile* at AFL level.
Yeh I was thinking of your assessment a few times while watching yesterday. I’m really hoping he can make some changes. I was very disappointed

How ridiculous is your comment. Go back to bigfooty. If that your take then we may as well get rid of half the team. Is this assessment based on one game or the two he has played this year?

Reactions: 3 users