What to do about the conspiracy theory problem? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What to do about the conspiracy theory problem?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Michaelia Cash makes me think there may be some truth to this aliens in positions of power thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
watched "the Truth V Alex Jones"

Gripping documentary. In terms of the conspiracy theory its all standard stuff, plucking out illogical questionable apects of a case and being obsessed with it and refusing to accept and counter claims or arguments. For example, the CTs are obsessed with "why were there no emergency helicopters?". As one parent of a 6yo murdered child says, "because everybody was dead".

Alex Jones is an extremely disturbed person. Makes extreme false claims that have huge impacts and takes no responsibility for it. I know we are used to this post facts, Trump world, but the fact Trump appeared on Jones' show and endorsed him is staggering.

The power of the doco is in the effects that these disturbed people have on real innocent people. These poor people had to cope with children being murdered, then they have to cope with nutcases harrassing them and saying they are lying. These parents would be walking down a street and get recognised and abused by random strangers for lying, being paid actors. They put up with it for years, thinking it would go away, imagine? it didn't so they sued. Incredible film. Depressing, but compelling.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Isn’t every death these days caused by the vax ?
Because no one died before Covid hit
my eldest was born in 1990 and at that time there was a movement questioning/raising the benefits/dangers of vaccination

that was before internet and social media so the movement has grown since then

the truth is there are deaths from vaccination , there are people who get severely affected and some of those permanently from vaccination

in recent years there was a Measels out break in Samoa and something like 70 deaths due to poor vaccination roll out in the country , the Health Minister was sacked

our immunisation program was developed by and ongoing supervision is done by ATAGI , in that link you can find the panel members

the vaccination schedule is here

diseases like polio are basically gone in 1st world countries due to vaccination

deaths and serve reactions possibly due to vaccination are taken very seriously and are investigated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration TGA
and that information is shared with the World Health Organisation WHO

Both the ATAGI and WHO bodies are focused on saving as many lives as possible , hence they are very pro vaccination
the sad side is nothing is perfect and with vaccinations very small numbers can have bad even tragic outcomes

its a juggling act and these bodies have to play God , I'm comfortable that they use medical science in their decision making process
and constantly followup to make sure it is the best decision

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
in recent years there was a Measels out break in Samoa and something like 70 deaths due to poor vaccination roll out in the country , the Health Minister was sacked

Well, kind of. In Samoa in 2018 there was misadministration of a measles vax program and two children died - basically nurses prepared the MMR vax incorrectly.

This led to RFK Jr. and antivax crew campaigning heavily which led to vax hesitancy in Samoa in 2018 - when a real measles outbreak occured in 2019, 83 people died, around 70 of which were children under 4 years old.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users