What's Elon Musk up to today… | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What's Elon Musk up to today…

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Musk managed to turn the Twitter verification system from a flawed but useful tool into a joke that only the most slavish Musk stans want.

Twitter will continue to lose advertising and a balanced usership as it becomes more and more like Truth Social.

Tech is great but tech bros like Musk really don't understand how people want to interact with these systems.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Musk managed to turn the Twitter verification system from a flawed but useful tool into a joke that only the most slavish Musk stans want.

Twitter will continue to lose advertising and a balanced usership as it becomes more and more like Truth Social.

Tech is great but tech bros like Musk really don't understand how people want to interact with these systems.

Classic case of someone who believed they could run something better, but really didn't think things through. He doesn't contemplate the knock-on effects of the changes he's making, the changes he probably comes up with during his morning crap.

Shame he didn't follow through on one of his first polls which was whether he should get a CEO for Twitter and stop being involved in the day to day. There's room for an alternative to Twitter, but there is clear front runner yet.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Jack Dorsey's Bluesky is on the Google Play store now but you need an invite to use it.

Dorsey was for the Musk acquisition at the time but unsurprisingly is not impressed with the way Musk is tanking Twitter.

You can see in six months Twitter will just be the alt-right and Musk simps giggling over Elon's latest dad joke or recycled meme.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When your business model is built on engagement and eyeballs, and that's the only thing you have to attract advertisers to your platform, limiting the amount of posts people can read is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The problem is, is that he has heaps supporters who blindly believe anyrhing he does is magical. Just because you are good at one thing doesn't mean you are automatically good at other things.

What is this thing that he is super good at?

I saw him in a movie once, and he was utter trash, so can't be acting...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
When your business model is built on engagement and eyeballs, and that's the only thing you have to attract advertisers to your platform, limiting the amount of posts people can read is a pretty stupid thing to do.

indeed, but the tech heads are saying it's because he didn't pay his Google Cloud bills so now his servers are under severe load stress - the "data scraping" nonsense is just an excuse. Or just that he sacked too many engineers and now the tech debt is kicking in.

So likely it's a terrible business decision made to cover up previous very bad technical and business decisions.

Either way, I'm here for it

George Costanza Shrug GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
indeed, but the tech heads are saying it's because he didn't pay his Google Cloud bills so now his servers are under severe load stress - the "data scraping" nonsense is just an excuse. Or just that he sacked too many engineers and now the tech debt is kicking in.
Guy is supposed to be the richest man in the world?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Guy is supposed to be the richest man in the world?

He is, but it's all tied up in Tesla shares. Some SpaceX shares. A bit of Boring Company shares.

When he took over Twitter he stopped paying for services, stopped paying rent, stopped paying people. Working on the Trump principle that his lawyers or his perfect negotiation skills will get him out of it.

Not sure where Twitter will finish up. There's no real alternative right now but as soon as there is one I reckon Twitter will go the way of MySpace.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Bluesky is supposed to be the next twitter. I'm hoping it will become public soon and we see a huge jump of users and leave Musk with an essentially worthless social media company.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So now they are going to make Tweetdeck, easily the best platform to access twitter from a PC, available to subscribed blue tickers only. His advertisers are going to be real happy.
1688449213784.png

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’m gonna try Musk Stick’s underground Tesla highway in Vegas in a few weeks.

I expect it will take longer than walking.