What's Elon Musk up to today… | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What's Elon Musk up to today…

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
X is the new twitter so what is the new way to send "i sent a tweet" or "i read a good tweet today"?
i'd like to *smile* this into the *smile*'o'sphere
you have to *smile* it
that was a good *smile*

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
i would feel sorry for Linda Yaccarino given she has to constantly readjust strategy depending on whatever Space Karen has decided on any particular day, but I guess she's being well paid for being a sock puppet CEO.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't use twitter much mainly because it's anything but "kind, welcoming and open hearted"

And labelling the new X logo as "dark, sinister, unwelcoming and overtly masculine" is true hyperbole.

It's a fair description - if you compare the new logo with the old, it's gone from this to that.

1690420898307.png1690420858926.png

If you think about it, Twitter did have massive influence beyond just the user base, and the verb "to tweet" entered the English language. That's gone now, unless Musk keeps a Frankenstein brand mashup of X/Tweets/Twitter. Either way it makes the platform even less attractive to advertisers, and that's a lot of brand capital to throw away because when you were 25 you wanted to rebrand Paypal as X.

Agree that Twitter has been a cesspool of hate for a long time now though.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I've been followed by so many bots in the last 3 weeks. More than 1 per day on average.

You can tell they're bots/fake accounts because I have no followers in common, and their bio's are all basically the same - "I'm a photographer, wildlife, landscapes...", etc. Or they're some asian model or an anime avatar, with a vague inspirational quote like "inner peace and freedom" - plus a heap of photos of food.

Musk said he was going to do something about this. Looks like he's done sweet FA.

Reactions: 1 users