Who are our well known/celebrity supporters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
The new Pope Francis Bourke. It is considered a controversial name, but he chose it because he is a massive tigers fan who is inspired by by the humble beginnings of this son of a Nathalia dairy farmer who was notoriously tough and uncompromising on the footy field. Pope Francis Bourke said today " Como Francis Bourke snr y Jr., vengo desde sus humildes comienzos y espero que puedo jugar 300 juegos para la iglesia como para los poderosos Tigres St Francis"

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Carlton and Richmond in a Twitter battle to get the Grauniad's inaugural Oz editor, Katharine Viner, as a supporter.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
se7en said:
Not know which one but I think either Jason Donovan or Kylie monOgue went for Richmond.

Would have to be Kylie Minogue in her little yellow hot pants he he

Jexy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2005
Not too sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but according to the RFC twitter account, the new Number 1 ticket holder for the Tigers is a businessman by the name of Ken Grenda. Here's an article on him from The Australian, published early last year - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/the-man-with-the-golden-handshake/story-e6frg8h6-1226292128380

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jexy said:
Not too sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but according to the RFC twitter account, the new Number 1 ticket holder for the Tigers is a businessman by the name of Ken Grenda. Here's an article on him from The Australian, published early last year - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/the-man-with-the-golden-handshake/story-e6frg8h6-1226292128380

Mad tiger man. The family owned bus company.
He gave his employees a massive Xmas bonus..

Hear Me Roar

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes, great tiger man. He and his son Scott have done a lot for the club and the community over a number of years. Great family.

Jexy said:

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
se7en said:
Not know which one but I think either Jason Donovan or Kylie monOgue went for Richmond.
donovan was a st.kilda fan, never knew of kylie, sure you aint talkin kath of kath and kim fame

billyb#40

Tiger Superstar
Sep 19, 2004
BillyJean17 said:
donovan was a st.kilda fan, never knew of kylie, sure you aint talkin kath of kath and kim fame
Minogue as in Dan Minogue our first premiership coach and Kylies grandpa or gg ?? Which makes him the celebratory not her.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
just reading the HUN...

Andrew Bolt claims to be Tiger man...

great who wants this whack job as tiger supporter..

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
tigers80 said:
just reading the HUN...

Would have picked him as a Blue.

Bet he's a Grigg hater - he plays on the left wing.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigers80 said:
just reading the HUN...

Me!
I hope he's a paid up member. They come from all walks of life. Happy to have him.
If we all had to pass a personality test or only show a typical political allegiance, it would be a poorer place.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
willo said:
Me!
I hope he's a paid up member. They come from all walks of life. Happy to have him.
If we all had to pass a personality test or only show a typical political allegiance, it would be a poorer place.

Well said sir.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Perhaps Bolt can sit with the first bloke on Sat to cheer us on >:D

MG

Tiger Rookie
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Greg Norman.................but only because we and he were at their peak in popularity in the early 80's

Great call. Interviewed by Tim Watson before todays Anzac game. The audio cut away for a moment but pretty sure Norman said he was a "pie guy"

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure anyone has the definitive answer on Greg Norman.

While I certainly haven't seen him around the club as any sort of presence, he was the face of setting up the Jack Dyer foundation.

If he made a donation to the foundation, then I'd think he atleast has a soft spot for us. Does anyone know for certain if he contributed?

MG

Tiger Rookie
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
To be fair to Norman, he might have been suggesting his allegiance was for today. It's not like he's in Australia much to closely follow any team.

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
willo said:
Me!
Most popular and most read journalist/writer in the country.
Guess that makes his haters the whack jobs....?