Who do we select for our last list spot ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do we select for our last list spot ?

Who do we pick up for our last list spot ?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Liam Stocker

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Player out of left field

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • keep a spot for the mid season draft

Votes: 33 16.1%

• Total voters

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Having only seen F**kknuckle in some Geelong highlights, and nothing of Bratke, surely a marking forward is a lot more important to us than another middle of the road, no specific position player?

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Younger Bro never thought much of Cadds n was happy enough when we poached him. Was pumping up Narkle a few days ago, good player, could never understand why he couldn't stay in the side sad to see him go. Think I'm happy with his lack of understanding of filling needs.

If Narkle couldn't get games as the seventh to tenth run around general on baller at the Moggies, he's probably not gunna be much more relevant for us.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Younger Bro never thought much of Cadds n was happy enough when we poached him. Was pumping up Narkle a few days ago, good player, could never understand why he couldn't stay in the side sad to see him go. Think I'm happy with his lack of understanding of filling needs.

If Narkle couldn't get games as the seventh to tenth run around general on baller at the Moggies, he's probably not gunna be much more relevant for us.
Depends if his new fitness / weight drop has an impact

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Unless we are sure there will be a mid season retirement ala Grigga, I am leaning towards keeping the spot open for the mid-season draft.

Not a bad insurance policy as a top up if injury strikes. We have seen what Narkle and co. can do. Why commit now?

Why not wait and see?

Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The fact that we are trying him off the back flank seems to be an acknowlegment that his tank will never be midfield standard.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
If we have a big amount of injuries, narkle would be handy,against how good Bradke can get or not.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Lots of factors for the club to consider.

Narkle could play senior footy this year (if required) and I like the reports that he's trimmed down heaps but one of the knocks is his tank. I don't get the HBF experiment as we have no shortage of good small defenders. For me, he's midfield insurance only.

Bradke sounds like he has good size and athleticism but needs development. Unlikely he'd play senior footy this year. Could Bradke be developed to a solid key forward? I like the Cinderella tale of a big bloke from the bush making it in the big time but he's probably a long shot. Maybe VFL to develop (yes there is a risk of him being pinched).

Are we looking for insurance for this year or are we looking for a longer term solid player? Neither would be best 23 this year. Maybe the insurance is to keep the spot open till mid year.

I trust the recruitment and development decisions that the club will make. Right Zips? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Depends if his new fitness / weight drop has an impact
Caesar's training report had him playing defence on a tired old worn out midfield pensioner who's trying to repurpose as a medium forward. Old fart kicked four on him in a couple of qtrs of scratch footy.
Twenty five year old who's managed forty games in five seasons who's career regressed after a promising 2021. Reckon there's not much improvement potential left in him.
Seems to be at the classic point of list clogger who can maybe play a role n fill a hole if things get really desperate. Think I'd prefer to use the rookie, supplemental or mid season drafts trying to find some under developed raw prospect with the potential to surprise.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Caesar's training report had him playing defence on a tired old worn out midfield pensioner who's trying to repurpose as a medium forward. Old fart kicked four on him in a couple of qtrs of scratch footy.
Twenty five year old who's managed forty games in five seasons who's career regressed after a promising 2021. Reckon there's not much improvement potential left in him.
Seems to be at the classic point of list clogger who can maybe play a role n fill a hole if things get really desperate. Think I'd prefer to use the rookie, supplemental or mid season drafts trying to find some under developed raw prospect with the potential to surprise.
I am in for selecting Bradtke
Just trying to assess why we have Narkle training and what we may be doing if we select him.
We selected Parker mid season, so clearly happy to take a mature retread if it might suit

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I am in for selecting Bradtke
Just trying to assess why we have Narkle training and what we may be doing if we select him.
We selected Parker mid season, so clearly happy to take a mature retread if it might suit
I reckon narkles has
Parker covered , not sure why he’s off hbf surely that’s not where we’d need him as cover , with injuries already to jack g and sonz , I’m beginning to think maybe it’s not the worst idea

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Luke Teal was back at Oakleigh Chargers training tonight so assume he was told thanks but no thanks

Reactions: 1 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Unless we are sure there will be a mid season retirement ala Grigga, I am leaning towards keeping the spot open for the mid-season draft.

Not a bad insurance policy as a top up if injury strikes. We have seen what Narkle and co. can do. Why commit now?

Why not wait and see?

I take the opposite view.

Better to have them in our system earlier than the mid year and have them ready to fire sooner.

Also, eliminates the risk of another club snagging an opportunity ahead of us mid season when we’ve laid the groundwork.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I take the opposite view.

Better to have them in our system earlier than the mid year and have them ready to fire sooner.

Also, eliminates the risk of another club snagging an opportunity ahead of us mid season when we’ve laid the groundwork.

I certainly understand that point. And it could be argued that given our success with late picks, rookie picks etc. in recent times that that is the way we should be approaching it. But.......

I just feel we are all in on this season to win a flag. We have good depth in most areas, but we are not immune to injuries throwing things right into the fire. Imagine if we take Narkle then find mid-season we are down a couple of KPPs. Or vice versa taking Bradtke. I realise history says bringing a player in to address a need mid-season is not likely to end well, but if we desperately need a KPP at the time for example, well taking Narkle now will not help that irrespective of how well he plays.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It will be Narkle, he was always the front runner.

Hopefully Bradtke and Teal line up in the VFL for the RFC.

Club should put Gibbus to the LTIL and take Bradtke to lock him away until the mid season draft is over.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
It will be Narkle, he was always the front runner.

Hopefully Bradtke and Teal line up in the VFL for the RFC.

Club should put Gibbus to the LTIL and take Bradtke to lock him away until the mid season draft is over.
They're saying the gibbo injury is not so bad. Don't think they'd mothball a certainty for a speculative.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
List needs is another tall, if Bradtke has handled himself well and shown scope for improvement I'd give him the nod.

Reactions: 10 users