Who will be our next Captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will be our next Captain?

I heard this morning that Grimo will play again next season.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, yes and I hope yes.
But in the worst case something goes wrong on Friday and Grimes has to come off. There needs to be a fallback and that appointment as a vice captain just might allow for some insight into who will be a good appointment into the future.

Not Charlie stuff, more I think Marles?
I rage delisted Nank and Grimes last year, Mo, so I’m all over your thinking!

I’m liking that Daniel idea right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Grimes doesn’t strike me as a great captain type. Tough, but quiet.

I think his voice is also too high-pitched (stay with me here). I genuinely think a captain needs to bark and growl heroically as required (think Jono Brown or Luke Hodge).

I barely hear Nank speak so have to put him in the dubious captain basket also.

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cumbo tidied up his discipline a little and announced himself for good this year. From there, anything is possible. Come 2025, Noah Cumberland could be our next captain.

I think his voice is also too high-pitched (stay with me here). I genuinely think a captain needs to bark and growl heroically as required (think Jono Brown or Luke Hodge).

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cumbo tidied up his discipline a little and announced himself for good this year. From there, anything is possible. Come 2025, Noah Cumberland could be our next captain.
I see it in Sam Banks.

Michael Tuck and Leigh Matthews say hello.

2nd year in with co captains.
I wasn’t a fan and still not.
for the future.
Gibcus.

Excellent question , we absolutely need to drive a stake into the ground with a fresh leadership group for the new frontier of tigers coming through , shorty would also be a candidate , but my choices below, all of these lads highly respected and popular within the group

Baker (c)
dan rioli (Vc)
lynch (dvc)

Excellent question , we absolutely need to drive a stake into the ground with a fresh leadership group for the new frontier of tigers coming through , shorty would also be a candidate , but my choices below, all of these lads highly respected and popular within the group

Baker (c)
dan rioli (Vc)
lynch (dvc)
Probably put a line through Bakes now:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1042374/sliding-doors

IF ...​

the 2024 season will see a new coach in Adem Yze

THEN ...​

I’m tipping as new captain, too. Liam Baker. He’s ready.

• Haha

you need to stop smoking whatever it is you're having Carts

This is a little left field, but has anyone thought of the idea of 3 captains?

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Should be Lynch., and it aint Dustins bag so it but will probably be Nank on his own.

Cant see Dylan wanting it again in what will likely be his last seasaon.

I'm not sure Dylan is best 22 next year so probably needs to be changed.

I would change Nank too, and make the Captain Taranto with Bakes as his VC.