Who will be our next Captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will be our next Captain?

I am not sold on Dusty being Captain. Doesn't seem comfortable in front of the media. He trots out cliches and says not much when he is interviewed. Can be a leader and inspiration without having a "C" next to his name.
Not sure I know who's good behind the arena but Vlastuin, Baker, Lynch would be up there amongst the choices.
Agree with Dusty. And Vlastuin suffers from severe pre-match anxiety and focuses on getting himself right all week. I think he has come out and said captaincy isn't for him. If Lynch was fit it's a no brainer but I don't think that's fair on him, need him to only focus on getting on the park.

Leaves Baker and Taranto for me. Dual or one of them. I think Baker is a good fit.

Reactions: 1 user
Who would have thought I would be saying this but I am going Short.

Very much loved and respected by the playing group.

Baker and Tarranto VC's.

Have Nank or Grimes actually stepped down?

When was the last time a captain was removed from the captaincy when not by their own choice?

Unless one of our current captains steps down I'd be very surprised if there were any changes. These two were voted in by the players weren't they?

What will happen is that players will vote on the leadership group and the new coach will pick the captain from the leadership group. I think we will see a change next year.

I am not sold on Dusty being Captain. Doesn't seem comfortable in front of the media. He trots out cliches and says not much when he is interviewed. Can be a leader and inspiration without having a "C" next to his name.
Not sure I know who's good behind the arena but Vlastuin, Baker, Lynch would be up there amongst the choices.
Could not give a stuff about the cliches and saying nothing, they all do it, Dusty just does it with less spin. I actually think it can be a strength. The key question is does he want it? Same goes for any candidate, must have leadership qualities, which all the names put forward have, and they have to genuinely want it.

Reactions: 1 users
Could not give a stuff about the cliches and saying nothing, they all do it, Dusty just does it with less spin. I actually think it can be a strength. The key question is does he want it? Same goes for any candidate, must have leadership qualities, which all the names put forward have, and they have to genuinely want it.
The intention behind saying he uses cliches is to highlight how uncomfortable he is on front of the media. He doesn't look or act comfortably in front of a microphone in the rare chance he does that work.
Captaincy puts him in a very public role, which he has avoided traditionally. If he wants that, I'd be surprised, but receptive. I'd tread warily if I was RFC though.
Who wants to kill the hen that lays the golden goals?

The intention behind saying he uses cliches is to highlight how uncomfortable he is on front of the media. He doesn't look or act comfortably in front of a microphone in the rare chance he does that work.
Captaincy puts him in a very public role, which he has avoided traditionally. If he wants that, I'd be surprised, but receptive. I'd tread warily if I was RFC though.
Who wants to kill the hen that lays the golden goals?
No waryness needed IMO. If he wants it, give it to him, if he doesn't, don't. If he did want it, he could handle a few interviews, he's a big boy, and he'd have plenty of support.

Reactions: 1 users