Who will be our next Captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will be our next Captain?

Dusty has made it clear that he does not want to engage with the media, unless you have living under a rock that has been obvious.
It’s impossible to be the skipper of an AFL team and not engage with the media.
It’s the same reason Buddy has never had a leadership position.
Dusty made it clear? Do you have the source/link?

Dusty has made it clear that he does not want to engage with the media, unless you have living under a rock that has been obvious.
It’s impossible to be the skipper of an AFL team and not engage with the media.
It’s the same reason Buddy has never had a leadership position.
Interesting
Unless you have been living under a rock
Current players agreement clearly states as of next year
All players must be accessible to media from Thursday night of team selection for a 7 day period
Dusty will have to front
Can’t take the cash and not give something back in return
Yes I would make him Captain
Current captains are a complete failure
Nank is introverted and Grimes might pull the pin
Grimes won’t get through season if he plays on
Needs to go out on a high
It may be a year too long if he plays in 2024

Reactions: 3 users
Oh FFS.

I don’t need a source. He doesn’t talk to the media, that’s my source .

Been complained about by multiple media people like parrot, Cornes and others.
Ease up with the passive aggressive attitude.
So you cannot provide a source? You made it up.
I don't give a flying *smile* about what Buddy did and what the scum media think.
My discussion with you about this subject ends b/c you are rude.

Love Bakes but don't see him as captain material. Yes, he's fearless on the field but captaincy is more than that.

Does he have the gravitas to address and inspire the players, does he build deep relationships with his players through connection? I just don't see it.

I am coming around to Dusty. Players would feed off every word he says. Would inspire.

But we should be looking at the captain after that as vice captain. I'm going Jack Ross. Have been so impressed at how he has pushed through and established himself. Speaks well and I reckon would be selfless with his team-mates. A couple of years under Dusty and he could be ready to go

Reactions: 1 users
In an interview Dusty gave with N Riewoldt before last season he said words to the effect that he was interested.
If he still prepared to do it, end of story.

Ease up with the passive aggressive attitude.
So you cannot provide a source? You made it up.
I don't give a flying *smile* about what Buddy did and what the scum media think.
My discussion with you about this subject ends b/c you are rude.
Seriously have a look at your own posting. “Give me a source or you are making it up”

Everyone in AFL seems to know that Dusty hates to talk to the media except you. I am not making anything up.

Took me 2 minutes to find these and I am sure there are plenty more. It was a staple of Damien Barrett’s rants because he didn’t like the fact a player wouldn’t engage with the media.

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/4690f3ef-ba38-4e35-b45c-eb0eee97d0e9

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07...-out-for-treating-media-with-genuine-disdain/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...r/news-story/1cc221727091aee2356936d8e0e7840b

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting
Unless you have been living under a rock
Current players agreement clearly states as of next year
All players must be accessible to media from Thursday night of team selection for a 7 day period
Dusty will have to front
Can’t take the cash and not give something back in return
Yes I would make him Captain
Current captains are a complete failure
Nank is introverted and Grimes might pull the pin
Grimes won’t get through season if he plays on
Needs to go out on a high
It may be a year too long if he plays in 2024
No rocks in my house and i understand the issue. I agree we probably should change our captain.

Dusty has actually waved reporters away a couple of times after games when they have wanted to interview him and I know that causes a problem with the playing contract. Cornes and Barrett have had a go at him in particular.

Reactions: 1 user
Happened to flick it over to the telethon on Ch 9 Friday night.
They were interviewing players in the phone room who were taking donations.
Hopper was there.
He said he hadn't met the new Coach yet.

Let's see what Oozey does.
I do hope he bins the 2 Captain policy.

Has been an monumental fail.

Nick Vlaustin for mine.
Tough, consistent, needs the challenge after three flags to fire up again.
Respected by the team and never in doubt for his spot in the team. The captaincy will hopefully reduce his brain farts.

Happened to flick it over to the telethon on Ch 9 Friday night.
They were interviewing players in the phone room who were taking donations.
Hopper was there.
He said he hadn't met the new Coach yet.

Let's see what Oozey does.
I do hope he bins the 2 Captain policy.

Has been a monumental fail.
I personally IIke one captain but how can you say the 2 captain policy has been a monumental failure?

I personally IIke one captain but how can you say the 2 captain policy has been a monumental failure?
Easy.

Captains need to impact, instruct, teach, show leadership, make their teammates grow taller.

Optimus had a barry crocker of a year.
Had bags of Goals kicked on him.
Couldn't get to contests.
Struggled.

Nankenstein was better and got closer to the definition of a Captain and Leader.
Until he flushed it down the toilet by taking Llooyyddd out and getting suspended for 3 weeks.
That is not Leadership.

I have been a HUGE fan of both these players but they are not Captains.
They are ageing, have been great servants of The RFC, and need to concentrate on their own games without the Captaincy burden.
IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 9 users
I think Dusty capt for next 3 years
Wont leave for the suns.
Maybe Broad?