Who’s ya favourite Tiger ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who’s ya favourite Tiger ?

This is not about the best player I reckon but who is your fave player.
I"m with larabee.
Macca does his job week in and week out and does so with out fuss.
So he gets my vote.

Reactions: 1 users
Hadn't really thought about this since my favorite Rancey retired, reckon it's now Bakes and Grimes

Always a hard question as there are a number of good to very good players to choose from but as I have shown my bias time and again, currently, it has to be Nathan Broad. Historically I will always rated Andy Kellaway very highly as he never let us down

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This is not about the best player I reckon but who is your fave player.
I"m with larabee.
Macca does his job week in and week out and does so with out fuss.
So he gets my vote.
Macca is great too. We're pretty blessed at the moment, team full of players to get around.

I have loved Jack. Watching him is like seeing the physical embodiment of a PHD in football.

Reactions: 3 users
I think we’ve been blessed to see so many great players at our club over the last 15 years.

Martin, Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Prestia, Grimes, Bolton, Vlastuin, list goes on. The 2017 team in particular will be heroes to me until my last day.

I started going to VFL/AFL after moving to Melbourne from Tasmania in 1979 as a 14 year old. I was lucky enough to see the 1980 flag including Bartlett at his peak - greatest Tiger player I’d seen live until Rance & Martin came along.

The 1980 & 1982 teams were full of other stars including Roach, Raines, Rioli senior, Cloke, Bourke, Weightman, Keane and so on.

Later in the 80’s came Michael Mitchell who was outstanding & then the 90’s with Richo, Campbell, Knights, Free, Lambert for a while, Ottens, the Kellaways, but alas never the depth to fully challenge.

Great club that’s learnt the lessons of the past & will be solid well into the future I suspect. Wonderful journey we’ve all been on - long may it continue.

Daniel. Every day of the week.
Not saying he's the best.
Always loved watching him as a forward. I still reckon he reads the play better than anyone, has innate goal sense, and is a natural creator of space.
Has built up his body more this year and has blossomed in a much easier role with the play in front of him.

Pickett. Love his fairytale story - and the fact he's always the hardest bloke out there.

Reactions: 5 users
I have a favourite in every category GStar.
Let's face it, Dusty and Cotch have been amazing . The privilege we have all had following these guys is something else.
Dimma and Benny, wow, Peggy et Al. It's just a great time to be a loyal supporter.
Dion, Grimes, Towner, Flappers, Daniel, Astbury, Rance, Grigg. Jezus where does one stop.
They have all brought immense joy.
Great thread mate.

All of them, simply just appreciate all the variable factors that all the different players bring that makes us such a competitive side these days compared to previous decades of three or four stars n not much else.

Love watching the Foosh n awaiting the devastating impact he can have on oppo players at times.

Love watching Moju, Funky, Sonz n the Cummerbund for what they could be bringing to the club in a year or two when they've matured into the next gen.

Dusty is an all time Tiger icon. He isn’t a player in the team, he is Dusty, on his own.

I have lots of other faves but I have always loved the way Nick Vlastuin plays. I like underrated stars and Vlossy is one of best in the game in that category.

I would also like to add that his name is VLASTUIN and ask that all you buggers please spell his name correctly !!!!!!!

It is not Vlaustin :LOL:

All time favorite is still St.Francis.
Current player JR8 , great footy nous and still a superb field kick.