Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
He is gone. Handbag mafia at AFL house will be trying to work out how to reduce a clear 2 weeks down to 1.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Punch to the head behind play with force, player stayed down.

Why aren’t people demanding 4+ weeks? The media’s 1 week’s vs nothing narrative is so stupid.

Remember Houli getting 4 weeks in 2017 because of backlash at him originally getting 2 weeks? Hawkins’ punch is worse.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Robbo has described it as “clumsy” but has initimated he should go for it.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Why aren’t people demanding 4+ weeks? The media’s 1 week’s vs nothing narrative is so stupid.

Remember Houli getting 4 weeks in 2017 because of backlash at him originally getting 2 weeks? Hawkins’ punch is worse.
Houlis is a good comparable case. Except Houli broke a jaw, and the AFL fixates on the result not the action.
Soldo got 1 week. Hawkins cannot get the same.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I did not see the incident, but we all know there is one rule for some clubs and another for others, particularly the Tigers.

Still to this day I smart over the suspension handed out to Houli.

Threw his arm back, was suspended for 4 weeks for God's sake and then the AFL, in an unheard of decision gave him another 2 weeks.

You tell me there is not a bias towards Richmond after that infamous suspension.

Then there is the appalling decision to let Greene off with a fine after something like 17 reports in the past.

So, will Hawkins get off after whacking a player in the noggin?? Will wait and see.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I did not see the incident, but we all know there is one rule for some clubs and another for others, particularly the Tigers.

Still to this day I smart over the suspension handed out to Houli.

Threw his arm back, was suspended for 4 weeks for God's sake and then the AFL, in an unheard of decision gave him another 2 weeks.

So, will Hawkins get off after whacking a player in the noggin?? Will wait and see.

And that was after Lamb had been scragging him all game.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hawkins had had suspension issues in the past, but that was pre SHocking I think, so he’ll get a fine, but be free to play.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Because we know the system.

If that was Joe Smith in rd 11 he’d get weeks.

Because it’s a name player in the finals the system works to ensure minimisation.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
As a catman i say a week. My gripe is Green should have got 4. Its the MRP and its looney tunes decisions that rile me. All manipuated for the FL

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
On previous cases this year The Tommyhawk must get a week for biffing a bloke to the head off the ball. Pretty sure he's got a couple of priors for whacking blokes so perhaps that should be another week as well.

Would not surprise me in the slightest that he gets off n plays next week, simply because he's got such a nice cheerful smile n he musta felt guilty about whacking Schofield 'coz he did apologise, ask him if he was o.k. n offered to call for the medicos for him.

Hawkins asking for the medicos, there goes your low impact;)

Worse than Soldo's who was front on to the midget that charged up to him to remonstrate, I still swear that was an open handed shove that deflected off shoulder, he was stiff, and that player quickly bounced up unlike Shoefield.

Christian's verdict does have to be run past ex Cat, Hocking who will probably refer to Ex Cat Possiadly, (also in AFL House), for a 3rd opinion:mad:

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
As a catman i say a week. My gripe is Green should have got 4. Its the MRP and its looney tunes decisions that rile me. All manipuated for the FL
This... hawkins needs to cope the week or even 2.... but ffs that toby greene should of coped 2 as well

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Ralph was saying tonight that for that incident Michael Christian wanted Cotchin cited but the other two panelists voted against. I don't remember that but that week and the one after are a bit of a blur.
If that’s the case then Stewart should get a week from Christian. He won’t because he doesn’t play for the RFC but I do see the Cotchin and Stewart incidents as similar. I personal don’t think he should.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
I reckon he’ll get two weeks, appeal, and get it down to one. That way both AFL and Geelong get a result.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If that’s the case then Stewart should get a week from Christian. He won’t because he doesn’t play for the RFC but I do see the Cotchin and Stewart incidents as similar. I personal don’t think he should.
Stewart didn't get him in head so no case to answer

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Let's see how hard Geelong supporter, Gerrard Whatley, goes on crunch time this morning on SEN. He has been belligerent on outing players all year so if he goes soft now the conflict of interest will be as big as that ENORMOUS nose on his face:D

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Let's see how hard Geelong supporter, Gerrard Whatley, goes on crunch time this morning on SEN. He has been belligerent on outing players all year so if he goes soft now the conflict of interest will be as big as that ENORMOUS nose on his face:D

To be fair to Gerrard he just found him guilty in trial by media :D