Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Waiting for salty Scott to blame the AFL on this.
If it was played at our home ground this wouldn’t have happened. AFL have blood on their hands.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
On balance, I'd be comfortable with a fine.

Putting aside the fact it is good for us, preliminary finals are almost as hard to make as Grand Finals and I reckon you should have to do something pretty serious to miss one through suspension.

The victim playing out the game means it doesn't meet that criteria for mine.

I reckon we'd be dirty if Lynch was rubbed out of the Grand Final for that next week.
lynch and JR have played MORE gaves than hawk and never whacked anyone, hawking has clobbered blokes unfairly at least 5 times, its a week or its rigged.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If the AFL has any credibility at all he has to be suspended, probably for two but he may get one.

He swung his arm to make contact. Accidental contact and he may have got a fine but swinging your arm is no accident. We probably won't know for sure until early in the week because the Cats will take it to the tribunal if he gets suspended

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The only point where subjectivity could be applied is impact, right?

Negligible: he gets off
Low: 1 week
Medium: 2 weeks
High: don’t know
Severe: goes to tribunal

Can’t see them saying that’s low impact because his opponent stays down for a while not moving, then looks groggy after he gets up.

2 weeks

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Under normal circumstances I reckon it would be two , but Reckon they will find a way to give him one which would allow him to play in the gf should they make it

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Wouldn't want Stewart to miss. Those plays happen often, both players going for the ball. Stewart actually got down pretty low to avoid head contact.

I don't know what Hawkins was doing whacking blokes behind play.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He should but he won’t.

If he was Dylan grimes he’d be hung drawn and quartered already in the media fukn ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
MRP must be downing bottles of scotch to build up the courage to say “no case to answer”

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon he’ll get two weeks, appeal, and get it down to one. That way both AFL and Geelong get a result.
I’m thinking this is how it might play out. There will be outrage if he gets nothing and they don’t want him to miss the opportunity of a GF.
This keeps everyone happy to a point. Geelong will bleat but they know he deserves to miss. Just so dumb from Hawkins.
Just another week of AFL players showcasing their low IQ.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
When does the finding come out?
Today, tomorrow or Monday?

the hype of the new bunker was it would be almost instant.

they said christian would sit in there and watch stuff in real time and deliver verdicts promptly to allow clubs to plan in the finals.

Oh wait, that would be logical, transparent and accountable.

Gil will hold the gavel until the prelims are decided and crunch the numbers and tell christian what to decide Sunday morning.

who the *smile* knows what the outcome will be?

for the last 25 years, its 2 weeks,

It maybe 2 weeks, or they may force him to go on celebrity dirty dancing?

or they could find a Tom Hawkins in the southern wheat field league and suspend him and run the headline

'Hawkins gets 3' on AFL.com and then he runs out on Friday night.

or they could buy a tomahawk from disposals and throw it through ASADA's front window?

who the *smile* would know?

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
the hype of the new bunker was it would be almost instant.

they said christian would sit in there and watch stuff in real time and deliver verdicts promptly to allow clubs to plan in the finals.

Oh wait, that would be logical, transparent and accountable.

Gil will hold the gavel until the prelims are decided and crunch the numbers and tell christian what to decide Sunday morning.

who the **** knows what the outcome will be?

for the last 25 years, its 2 weeks,

It maybe 2 weeks, or they may force him to go on celebrity dirty dancing?

or they could find a Tom Hawkins in the southern wheat field league and suspend him and run the headline

'Hawkins gets 3' on AFL.com and then he runs out on Friday night.

or they could buy a tomahawk from disposals and throw it through ASADA's front window?

who the **** would know?
Waiting until the other SF is played would be an absolute blatant display of corruption yet from this organisation
So I expect this to happen.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Caro said she spoke to someone and it’ll be a week, and they’ll announce it by 2pm

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Caro said she spoke to someone and it’ll be a week, and they’ll announce it by 2pm

So $500 announced on wednesday at 3?

Or maybe he will get a week and AFL will appeal on the grounds it was

Manifestly adequate?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Danger saying that he hopes the MRO continues being consistent in fining players and not suspending them because you want the b3st players out there playing.

• Haha