Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

Just noticed he has been fined twice this season already for striking.
6 times been charged for striking in 3 seasons.

Is that right? It says he can take a week with an early plea. I assumed that meant he would risk 2 weeks if he took it to the tribunal. What’s the point of an early plea if that’s not the case? May as well just go to the tribunal and argue the case.
its Now just a $10000 levy if unsuccessful. Obviously worth the risk in finals.

So if they argue it down from intentional to careless he gets off. I can't see how any reasonable tribunal would accept that though.

How can they say it was low impact, when the bloke is lying face down on the ground.

Reactions: 2 users
careless? Punching a bloke in the side of the head 50m off the ball. If that’s the case it’s an absolute disgrace. Intentional is 100% correct. Low impact is not. He will get off - u can smell it.

Reactions: 2 users
careless? Punching a bloke in the side of the head 50m off the ball. If that’s the case it’s an absolute disgrace. Intentional is 100% correct. Low impact is not. He will get off - u can smell it.
The upside if that happens is we can boo the *smile* out of him all night:mhihi

Yep, the stench is putrid.

Reactions: 1 users
I think this one is straight forward - can see them appealing and being unsuccessful.

I reckon Christian has spent all afternoon trying to find ways of getting him off but couldn’t.

1 week is fair and will stand.

I think this one is straight forward - can see them appealing and being unsuccessful.

I reckon Christian has spent all afternoon trying to find ways of getting him off but couldn’t.

1 week is fair and will stand.
Then again, we could see a pricky *smile*...ooops....a cocky Pricky who will say they're strong enough without him.

This is were Balme needs to work his magic.
Call up WC and get them to take Schofield for a brain scan.
Tip off Ch7 for the breaking news.
As they run the story, have a woman coming out of the hospital crying, doesn't need to be any relation to Schofield, just quickly get her into a car and whisk away as nearby person yells out "Mrs Schofield are you okay?" -- "My son! my son!"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
He's gone.
Big brain fade.
Collected Schofield fair and square in the side of the head/face with a swinging arm when play was some distance away.
Weak act in my opinion.
Hawkins knew he was in strife when he went over to the prone Schofield to see if he was okay.
Knew he was in a spot of bother.
One week suspension must stand.

Reactions: 1 user
When does the finding come out?
Today, tomorrow or Monday?

Danger has already claimed he is innocent and pushed no case to answer.
FMD.
I hope he gets a week they can *smile* and moan all they like. Then if we knock emoff they can delude themselves all summer that they would’ve won the flag if he never got rubbed out ......... wankers

Reactions: 5 users
Is that right? It says he can take a week with an early plea. I assumed that meant he would risk 2 weeks if he took it to the tribunal. What’s the point of an early plea if that’s not the case? May as well just go to the tribunal and argue the case.

Yeah it's a load of BS. So he gets a week for an early plea or if he pleas not guilty and they take it to the tribunal he still gets a week. So what's the purpose of the words 'early plea'. It's meaningless.

Schofield could give evidence that he was staging and wasn't hurt at all. Pretty sure he's retiring anyway. A financial inducement from Geelong coterie might encourage him to speak up.
Surely they don’t place any credence in what players say at tribunal hearings anymore? They been lying for years and everyone knows it.