Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The bloke is on the ground for a minute or so but somehow it's "low impact". Bizarre.

The player that got hit (Schofield) should punch Christian in the mouth and let’s see if it’s low impact,
People are saying Schofield did us a favour lying down for so long and I say get stuffed and we will beat them regardless.
Christian should just go. He gets me angry with his stupid explanations

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Back in the old days of the tribunal that would be 2 weeks. Apparently they're cleaning up the game, yeah right.

If Hawkins gets off then it is presumably ok to whack someone in the face from behind, and we all know scratching someone's face is fine. Given what Dangerfield said I presume we can just go up and knock him out and he will appear for the defence pleading for a fine for the offender.

Yeah right.

Biggest problem here is massive inconsistency. Soldo gets a week, Dusty 2 reduced to 1, Ablett none (twice), Green none. If I didn't think they were too incompetent to organise a *smile* up at a brewery I'd be thinking conspiracy.

Hawkins to appeal, reduced to careless (he carelessly whacked someone, hey, s**t happens), cops a fine.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has clangerfeild called Geelong’s puppet, Hocking yet?
“Hey ass face, get Hawkings off and bring my laundry over”
“Yes boss”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Still can’t seeing that getting overturned - reckon the compromise was that it was worth 2 weeks but they gave it one knowing if the cats win he gets to play in the grand final.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's ok. Hawkins was just a little clumsy and it was out of character.

I think they'lle use The Kositchke defence.

Being, he is missing the part of his brain that controls spacial awareness.

A consulting kinaesthetic optometrist will show a close up of his slightly crossed eyes,

and argue his eyes actually counteract his complete lack of spacial awareness,

allowing him to catch the ball and kick straight, but his eyes aren't crossed enough

to miss a bloke when he thinks he might swing a haymaker over the top of his head.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Like I said previously - if that gets downgraded and he gets off then the AFL is simply putting out a msg that it’s ok to punch a bloke in the head behind play...... as long as they get up again. Great msg for the lower and junior leagues.

Reactions: 3 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
If he gets off one of our blokes should clobber someone as it’s ok to do so in finals.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Like I said previously - if that gets downgraded and he gets off then the AFL is simply putting out a msg that it’s ok to punch a bloke in the head behind play...... as long as they get up again. Great msg for the lower and junior leagues.
Its never been about violence or what is considered right or wrong, its all to do with what ( in general) is good for "the business". Just rub out anyone who punches, minmum of one week, rather than sill pi55ant fines. That will put n end to it!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon they should pre-emptively suspend Mummy for 2 years.

He has lost almost all ability to compete as a footballer,

and he certainly will go the knuckle and knee against Collingwood on Saturday.

If he does, I for one will buy a little mini giants jumper and put No.41 on it and add it to my shrine.

The only thing that will save Collingwood from the carnage of unprecedented physical violence,

is that Mummy is too far gone to actually hit anyone.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

If he does, I for one will buy a little mini giants jumper and put No.41 on it and add it to my shrine.

The only thing that will save Collingwood from the carnage of unprecedented physical violence,

Unless he mistakes some white stripes for white lines.
Desperate times call for desperate measures :D

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005

Big unit, might be part of the GWS game plan next Saturday

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Go to page 6 of this link if you want to see the different gradings for a classifiable offence.

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2019-Tribunal-Guidelines.pdf

How this was graded low impact is beyond me and it does leave a chance for Hawkins to only receive a fine if it is downgraded from intentional to careless.
They will probably argue Hawkins went to whack him in the arm but because Schofield was bent over Hawkins hit him in the head.

Going by the grading system Christian definitely should have graded it intentional and medium impact which was high (to the head) - A clear 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Go to page 6 of this link if you want to see the different gradings for a classifiable offence.

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2019-Tribunal-Guidelines.pdf

How this was graded low impact is beyond me and it does leave a chance for Hawkins to only receive a fine if it is downgraded from intentional to careless.
They will probably argue Hawkins went to whack him in the arm but because Schofield was bent over Hawkins hit him in the head.

Going by the grading system Christian definitely should have graded it intentional and medium impact which was high (to the head) - A clear 2 weeks.

Spot on. It’s all set up for it to be downgraded. I have no idea what medium impact to the head is if that wasn’t it.