World Cup 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

World Cup 2018

Ian4 said:
you know what? this is the attitude we want them to have.
MD Jazz said:
Agree. Hope they don't bother doing any recon on us and are focussed on Denmark/Peru.

I'm not surprised. A fair few of our boys play in the A-League which has next to f-all exposure, especially now that it's played during the European season. Add the fact this our weakest team in our 4 WC appearances and what he said isn't insulting, just the truth.

Compare this squad with the squad we sent to Germany where we qualified out of our group. Here's the team the beat Japan 3-1 after being 0-1 down at halftime. There's no comparison really.

Australia
Line-up
[1] Mark SCHWARZER (GK)
[2] Lucas NEILL
[3] Craig MOORE (-61')
[5] Jason CULINA
[7] Brett EMERTON
[9] Mark VIDUKA (C)
[10] Harry KEWELL
[13] Vince GRELLA
[14] Scott CHIPPERFIELD
[20] Luke WILKSHIRE (-75')
[23] Marco BRESCIANO (-53')
Substitute(s)
[12] Ante COVIC (GK)
[18] Zeljko KALAC (GK)
[4] Tim CAHILL (+53')
[6] Tony POPOVIC
[8] Josip SKOKO
[11] Stan LAZARIDIS
[15] John ALOISI (+75')
[16] Michael BEAUCHAMP
[17] Archie THOMPSON
[19] Joshua KENNEDY (+61')
[21] Mile STERJOVSKI
[22] Mark MILLIGAN

Baloo said:
USSR vs Saudis
5 - 0
And the Saudis qualified above us.

didn't see any of the game, but I hope its not a sign of things to come for the Asian teams. Hopefully its a case of the host nation finding an extra leg and the Saudi's being overwhelmed.

Baloo said:
I'm not surprised. A fair few of our boys play in the A-League which has next to f-all exposure, especially now that it's played during the European season. Add the fact this our weakest team in our 4 WC appearances and what he said isn't insulting, just the truth.

Compare this squad with the squad we sent to Germany where we qualified out of our group. Here's the team the beat Japan 3-1 after being 0-1 down at halftime. There's no comparison really.

Australia
Line-up
[1] Mark SCHWARZER (GK)
[2] Lucas NEILL
[3] Craig MOORE (-61')
[5] Jason CULINA
[7] Brett EMERTON
[9] Mark VIDUKA (C)
[10] Harry KEWELL
[13] Vince GRELLA
[14] Scott CHIPPERFIELD
[20] Luke WILKSHIRE (-75')
[23] Marco BRESCIANO (-53')
Substitute(s)
[12] Ante COVIC (GK)
[18] Zeljko KALAC (GK)
[4] Tim CAHILL (+53')
[6] Tony POPOVIC
[8] Josip SKOKO
[11] Stan LAZARIDIS
[15] John ALOISI (+75')
[16] Michael BEAUCHAMP
[17] Archie THOMPSON
[19] Joshua KENNEDY (+61')
[21] Mile STERJOVSKI
[22] Mark MILLIGAN

Some handy substitutes.

Ian4 said:
didn't see any of the game, but I hope its not a sign of things to come for the Asian teams. Hopefully its a case of the host nation finding an extra leg and the Saudi's being overwhelmed.

Yeah, there was a fair bit of that, but the Russians dominated all over the park. Best I’ve ever seen them play.

Spain were my tip to win it, but with the coach being sacked, who knows how that might affect them.

From a pommie perspective, best we can hope for is the usual elimination at the quarter finals by Germany or Brazil.

Cracking start to Portugal V Spain, Ronaldo scored after 4 minutes thanks to a penalty, then Costa equalised for Spain at the 24 minute mark. Spain are looking the more likely at the moment.

Costa scores again 2 all after 55 minutes, then Nacho after 58. What a game Spain 3, Portugal 2 at the 60 minute mark. There's been a couple of cracking goals.

Ronaldo's last goal was something else he goes to
The next level when the pressures on .