Yearly membership records. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Yearly membership records.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Tiger74 said:
Hardly, remember we were the worst side since Fiztroy last year, and only managed to beat six interstate sides who were supposed to be crap

Too many people have been getting ahead of themselves, thinking finals and the like.

Once the dust settles, people will remember the club told us this would be another year of pain, and we are on a journey that will take time.

let's face it. We are like Alzheimer patients.

It is a modern miracle that Richmond can con 47000 of us deluded fools into buying memberships each year.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
let's face it. We are like Alzheimer patients.

It is a modern miracle that Richmond can con 47000 of us deluded fools into buying memberships each year.

well we do spend a lot of time talking about the 70's :hihi you may be onto something here

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
Tiger74 said:
Hardly, remember we were the worst side since Fiztroy last year, and only managed to beat six interstate sides who were supposed to be crap

Too many people have been getting ahead of themselves, thinking finals and the like.

Once the dust settles, people will remember the club told us this would be another year of pain, and we are on a journey that will take time.

No doubt, but from next year we will need to be playing finals for 3 years straight as part of Benny's 3-0-75.

That is a considerable jump from where we are now, with the list we have.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Punxsutawney Phil said:
No doubt, but from next year we will need to be playing finals for 3 years straight as part of Benny's 3-0-75.

of course it is, but that is the point of an audatious goal - to stretch yourself

its where we should be aiming regardless. Bottom 4 last year, this year will be in the group outside the eight. We may not make the eight, but we should be aiming for it.

Also lets remember a goal is a target, something we are aiming for. Anyone who thinks its a promise is seriously deluded

Feb 25, 2007
AstuteTiger said:
As of 30/06/11

Members: 47,575
New: 10,940

Im guessing by close of business today or by 2moro on the clubs website the official figure will be posted...

As of 13/07/11

Members: 47,675

It's gone up by 100 signings since i last updated on June 30th, not sure if this is the final cut off total for June 30th or its continually adding on in July and thereafter?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Punxsutawney Phil said:

It is a jump, but I reckon we can do it with some astute trading and drafting. I reckon playing finals for 3 years in a row from next year is quite achieveable. The competition is going to be a lot more even with GWS and GC soaking up the young talent. Luckily for us we have a fair bit of young talent in place, so with another preseason behind the boys, I really hope we can push into the bottom part of the 8 next year, then sustain that for a couple of seasons.

Feb 25, 2007
AstuteTiger said:
As of 13/07/11

Members: 47,675

It's gone up by 100 signings since i last updated on June 30th, not sure if this is the final cut off total for June 30th or its continually adding on in July and thereafter?

As of 28/07/11

Members: 47,707

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
AstuteTiger said:

As of 28/07/11

Members: 47,707

Thats a bloody good achievement what ever way you look at it for the club, given our limited onfield success, but guess it shows that a lot of supporters are now finally starting to believe we are heading in the right direction.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Already past the 40k Rokin...

35,815 members to go....(14,185 members signed)...

I think the club just processed all rolling members, including my own, hence the massive inroads in reaching the 50k mark...

Looking good, Go Tiges!

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Hmmm!

Just received an e-mail thanking me for renewing my membership.

Only thing is that I can't quite remember doing it.

Intended to. But just quite remember actually doing it.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Phantom said:
Hmmm!

I got the same e-mail today.

Might give the club a call.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Newman said:
I think the club just processed all rolling members, including my own, hence the massive inroads in reaching the 50k mark...

That might be why I got the e-mail though I can't remember if I chose the rollover at the start of the year or not.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Phantom said:
Hmmm!

SkillzThatKillz said:
I got the same e-mail today.

Might give the club a call.

Thanks in advance guys.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I am a genuine rolling member, although with the comments above plus a convo I just had with a mate of mine who also received the "thank you for renewing" email, I wonder whether the total m'ships posted on the website are accurate? Ie, have they counted people who haven't renewed? Looks like the m'ship dept. have made a boo boo....

Maybe the club is giving free m'ships out this year - ala Hawthorn who are already sitting on 30k members! Surely not...

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Newman said:
I am a genuine rolling member, although with the comments above plus a convo I just had with a mate of mine who also received the "thank you for renewing" email, I wonder whether the total m'ships posted on the website are accurate? Ie, have they counted people who haven't renewed? Looks like the m'ship dept. have made a boo boo....

Maybe it is a new marketing ploy.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
In the (snail) mail-out to members, it stated that you don't need to renew your current membership if all your details remained the same. I confirmed this with the club by phone because I was worried that the 3121 Precinct membership was nearly sold out. Deductions from my bank started yesterday.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Newman said:
Maybe the club is giving free m'ships out this year - ala Hawthorn who are already sitting on 30k members! Surely not...

sheesh. thats a joke right? didn't realise you can place cats and dogs on rolling memberships