2015 draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 draft

Mr Magic said:
If he is from the Knights then we'll,take him with pick 1
What link do we have to the Knights? With our recent history with average first round picks maybe it's time to look elsewhere........

funky said:
Look out for james el mousalli northern nights kid
who plays as a midfielder 3 recent best on ground
for the knights just picked in the tac squad 5 clubs
looking at him we are one of them.

Not sure what you've been looking at but
a) He hasn't been BOG in any games (only in the best 3 times)
b) Butchers the ball a bit, he has had 44 effective kicks, 27 ineffective kicks (including the last 3 games where he's had the same amount of effective kicks as ineffective
c) Having seen him live 3 times, he's only worth a late pick and I wouldn't be getting too excited at the moment

(It is a long season though, and he's got plenty of time to prove himself)

{Was in the best twice out of 13 games in 2014}

MTiger said:
b) Butchers the ball a bit, he has had 44 effective kicks, 27 ineffective kicks (including the last 3 games where he's had the same amount of effective kicks as ineffective
c) Having seen him live 3 times, he's only worth a late pick and I wouldn't be getting too excited at the moment

havent seen him play im just going on
what his dad tells me .

MTiger said:

He's a month then.............
There's an article on the AFL app re the top 20 prospects.........he's not one of them.

If your looking for a dominant mid from the Knights, Jade Gresham is your man.

Also sub 180cm but putting up some huge numbers and wins his own ball. Reckon he's a top 25 pick.

SCOOP said:
If your looking for a dominant mid from the Knights, Jade Gresham is your man.

Also sub 180cm but putting up some huge numbers and wins his own ball. Reckon he's a top 25 pick.

I've seen him play a few times this year, very classy player who wins a bit of the footy. At the sub 180cm height, it will be interesting to see what clubs think of him whether he can win a contested ball at AFL level.

MTiger said:
I've seen him play a few times this year, very classy player who wins a bit of the footy. At the sub 180cm height, it will be interesting to see what clubs think of him whether he can win a contested ball at AFL level.

You watch much TAC MT?

I'm a fan, I reckon he has real class. Super smart. Pace is above average but not sure it's super quick. That's my concern.

Figured it out tonight, he's another Lewie Taylor. Averaging 140 Supercoach points thus far.

SCOOP said:
You watch much TAC MT?

I'm a fan, I reckon he has real class. Super smart. Pace is above average but not sure it's super quick. That's my concern.

Figured it out tonight, he's another Lewie Taylor. Averaging 140 Supercoach points thus far.

Yep, get around to as many as possible each week. Will be at the champs where possible. Would like to see how he goes against the bigger bodies (sa/wa lads) but one to keep an eye on- been named in the squad for Sunday

Just saw on YouTube a short clip of Oleg Markov from SA in the under 18 game v Victoria. Underwhelming.

tigertim said:
Just saw on YouTube a short clip of Oleg Markov from SA in the under 18 game v Victoria. Underwhelming.

He's a funny one, really surprised he didn't get drafted last year. I thought he was good, with a terrible draft pool this year, he's probably a fair chance to be taken. Can't see many sides taking more than 3 picks into the draft, and even with that we could upgrade short,lambert, castagna and technically have no picks on draft night

Surely this years draft isn't that bad?

Maybe top end talent is thin, but isn't there enough for a first round pick at least?

I don't watch u18s at all, just flabbergasted at that comment we'd upgrade three rookies rather than take a pick.

The_General said:

Maybe top end talent is thin, but isn't there enough for a first round pick at least?

I don't watch u18s at all, just flabbergasted at that comment we'd upgrade three rookies rather than take a pick.
Pretty sure the idea would be to pick a couple of the best possible youngsters n then elevate some rookies with your later viable draft picks. Perhaps delist five fringe players, then take your first n second round draft picks and upgrade rookies with your third to fifth round picks.
Extremely unlikely any club would just elevate rookies without first at least taking a couple of draft picks.

The_General said:

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek answer. I really think we're a good shot of trading our 1st/2nd round picks for another player (in the Shiel category), if we ended up with 3 picks from 50 ownwards, the depth really isn't there this draft- hence why upgrading rookies isn't the dumbest idea [I'd expect us to upgrade 1 of them at least]

The_General said:

I'd take as many picks as I could inside 40. It's not the year for wholesale changes. We have three rookies (Short, Castanga, Lambert all deserve another year) who with one year of VFL experience and two preseasons under their belt I would rather take into the 2016 season then three kids picked after 50.

I'm all for taking as many kids as possible every year but this draft and with the current shape & profile of our list, I'd get free agents, trade and draft two or three top kids inside 40. This is the year to top up with experience and next year take another large influx of kids.

Hisham Kerbatieh from Calder, real interesting type. We would have had more contact than most clubs. Fits our needs.

Big time.

Isn't he the kid that won the Houli medal or something? Spent some time at punt road as a result.

SCOOP said:
Hisham Kerbatieh from Calder, real interesting type. We would have had more contact than most clubs. Fits our needs.

Big time.
What type of player is he?

Rancey18 said:
What type of player is he?

Small forward/mid

Knightmare on BF had this to say about him:

I am aware of Kerbatieh and have him in my phantom draft at this stage in the latter portion of the draft.

He has some talent to him and he plays like he knows it. Small forward. Quick. Long, penetrating kick - as in can kick it 55-60m. On his day can hit the scoreboard in bunches.

He probably needs to learn how to play more of a team style football (he'll take shots at goal when he needs to lower his eyes) and needs to become more consistent with his application of the tackling and pressure side of his game - though that's improving. He also has his good and bad days - as is the norm with small forwards.

He is someone where people will see tape of him and fall in love with his game. Kicking goals from 55m off one step etc.

So he has a chance to get drafted. I wouldn't think early draft. But late draft. Sure.

Everything we lack is Kerbatieh. His good is first class, skill set of the top small forwards, great pace. But still learning two way footy all the time. Reckon the professionlism of a Houli as a mentor would help him no end. Worth a punt I reckon.