2015 draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 draft

SCOOP said:
Everything we lack is Kerbatieh. His good is first class, skill set of the top small forwards, great pace. But still learning two way footy all the time. Reckon the professionlism of a Houli as a mentor would help him no end. Worth a punt I reckon.

Rookie then I assume and promote Short instead?

SCOOP said:
Everything we lack is Kerbatieh. His good is first class, skill set of the top small forwards, great pace. But still learning two way footy all the time. Reckon the professionlism of a Houli as a mentor would help him no end. Worth a punt I reckon.

I've seen him play a few times this year for VM & Cannons- fits our needs as a small forward/midfielder on talent alone he's probably good enough to go in the draft, so he's likely a 3rd rounder at this point of the season. Has trained with us over the summer and done a fair bit having Houli as his mentor.

I like Rhys Mathieson and Callum Ah Chee. Where do pundits place them in the order at this early point?

So far from what I've seen, Darcy Parish is my ideal fit. Pace to burn amazing left foot. Not sure he'll last past say pick 10.

Ryan Clarke is my absolute favourite. Has star written all over him. Chad Wingard like but more midfield.

spook said:
I like Rhys Mathieson and Callum Ah Chee. Where do pundits place them in the order at this early point?

Mathieson will be top 15, will depend on how many academy bids before him which will push him & our pick back.

Ah Chee could be anywhere from 5-30, he's shown nothing in the Champs this year, was very good in the AFL Academy match vs Northern Blues at MCG (before Doggies game vs us)

SCOOP said:
So far from what I've seen, Darcy Parish is my ideal fit. Pace to burn amazing left foot. Not sure he'll last past say pick 10.
Been spoken to by Melbourne and even they believe he'll be gone by their pick. Top 2 they recon. Interestingly Freo have interviewed Darcy waste of time I would have thought.

mtench said:
Been spoken to by Melbourne and even they believe he'll be gone by their pick. Top 2 they recon. Interestingly Freo have interviewed Darcy waste of time I would have thought.

Would be such a weapon in the modern game. Blistering pace and a laser left foot charging out of the back 50. Pretty unique footballer, not many like him. Surprisingly good in a one on one contest and making sure the ball comes to ground.

SCOOP said:
Would be such a weapon in the modern game. Blistering pace and a laser left foot charging out of the back 50. Pretty unique footballer, not many like him. Surprisingly good in a one on one contest and making sure the ball comes to ground.
And he has 3 brothers who are all talents as well!

mtench said:

Doesn't suprise me. I could see Gold Coast taking him but not Carlton. The Blues would be made to pass on Schache. Screaming out for a young key forward.

Watched a fair bit of champs both live and tape. I reckon the top four is great & the next 30 will be good footballers.

After 35, it doesn't drop off to nothing but it will vary greatly from club to club depending on what clubs value.

Don't tell anyone but we need to get Bachar''s boy. Badly.

SCOOP said:
Watched a fair bit of champs both live and tape. I reckon the top four is great & the next 30 will be good footballers.

After 35, it doesn't drop off to nothing but it will vary greatly from club to club depending on what clubs value.

Don't tell anyone but we need to get Bachar''s boy. Badly.

I went this arvo for a look, is Bachars boy # 2 Vic Metro ?,Hisham (sp) ?

Thought the Hardwick boy # 5 for VM was great, the were even calling him Dimma, not sure if a relative or not

ToraToraTora said:
What does that say about the mids?
Lack of high-quality mids, IMO, but the talls are excellent. Schache, Weitering, Francis (more a tweener), McKay, Collins, Weideman

taztiger4 said:
I went this arvo for a look, is Bachars boy # 2 Vic Metro ?,Hisham (sp) ?

Thought the Hardwick boy # 5 for VM was great, the were even calling him Dimma, not sure if a relative or not
Yes on Hisham.

Hardwick was very good.

Gresham is a terrific little player. Quick, smart, neat. Like him.

It was odd that Balic spent so much time up forward when Metro was getting killed at the centre bounces. Ryan Clarke won't cut it and O'Kearney is Miles without the grunt.

Others to impress were Francis (obv.), Bonnor, Milera, Crocker, and the two SA rucks. Not sure on Bachar's boy. I've watched him play twice and he looks like one of those slip-out-the-back, selfish, soft half-forwards I despise.

From Friday's games, aside from the standouts Schache and Weitering, I was super-impressed with Harry McKay from Country. 200cm, turns 18 in December, quick, skillful, good hands. Will go before we get a chance at him. Petrevski-Seton (WA) is a jet, but not eligible this year, ditto his mate Powell-Pecker. Ah Chee looks a beaut. Kade Stewart is a Kade Simpson clone who might slip through to later rounds. Greg Clark is a big mid I want to have another look at tomorrow.

Country is easily the best team this year. Parish is another I want a second look at because he did nothing last Friday to indicate he is a top pick. (Obviously he has before.) I think Tucker and Holmes are a tad overrated, but I really like Mathieson, and Ainsworth is a star (ineligible). Yestin Eades can play too. A couple of good users off half-back are Mutimer and Mennen.

A few names from the Tas-NT game today: Daniel Rioli (Cyril's cousin, but not Maurice's boy) is built like Wanganeen and plays a bit like Shane Edwards. Impressive. Even more impressive was the 16yo Brandan Parfitt and the 17yo Ezekiel Frank - two to watch out for next year.

For Tas, Kieran Lovell was very good, but I prefer Gresham if we're going to pick a midget. Nick Dodge is a clever half-forward, but I'd want to see him in better company before making a call.

Looking forward to tomorrow's games!

We disagree on Clarke & Hisham, particularly Clarke I reckon he has star potential.

Hisham plays like Hayden Ballantyne. That cheeky goal last nite when he faked the handball, sprinted ten and dobbed it from 50 is exactly we lack. Wouldn't take him first round but after that, I'd go.

Like Gresham, reckon he will be a fine footballer. We lack his type.

Interesting to see a short interview with Matt Clarke (RFC recruiter) with 9 minutes or so to go in the second qtr of the Div 2 game today.

Tigerdog said:
Interesting to see a short interview with Matt Clarke (RFC recruiter) with 9 minutes or so to go in the second qtr of the Div 2 game today.

Anything interesting come out of it?

FistFullOfDollars said:
Anything interesting come out of it?

Not really.Just mentioned a few boy's who their keeping an eye on but one lad worth keeping an eye on for a late pick or Rookie is a Sudanese boy called Mabior Chol.Around 198cm and knows how to play.Runs like a gazelle and has lovely raking left leg on him.Built like a HB Pencil but would be a great late project pick.He's a QLD boy and to be honest there wasn't much to write home about in the NSW/ACT v QLD game in which QLD won easily by 6 goals.Hopper and Cornell were probably the only shining lights for NSW/ACT in an error riddled game.

Looking forward to the next game - WA v Vic Country!

No as you can imagine he didn't give to much away and most of the decent kids are in the Northern Academies. He spoke about some of the better guys including Hipwood, Keays and a couple of others (maybe the Sudanese ruckman whose name I cant recall) and two from NSW/ACT (Hopper and Cornell from memory)

Then spoke of how our weighting system works with them against the Div 1 guys etc. Mentioned that we put in a bid for a bloke last year. As I said not too much in it so I didn't listen to intently and it was only brief. I more mentioned it in case anyone wanted to have a look at it.

Just watched the first quarter vic country v WA, ( I just realised I get to view it on my afl life app!) not much to get excited about, WA with the usual array of sleek flankers.