2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

turk-d-tiger said:
Im going to be loving the Stocker v Collier-Dawkins comparisons the next 12 years with Carltank giving up a top 3 selection to get a player thats worse than the gun that went 1 pick after their selection.

Saints were all over RCD had the crows taken their offer

The Saints interest is my only concern, their drafting has not been good, on the flip side the fact that the Saints had 2 chances to draft RCD and didn't bodes well ;D

caesar said:
The Saints interest is my only concern, their drafting has not been good, on the flip side the fact that the Saints had 2 chances to draft RCD and didn't bodes well ;D

They were desperately trying to get #19 from the crows to land RCD and their offer was the same as the deal that got done with the Blues but with a added pick #38 as the cream and the Crows knocked it back for the Blues pick.

Kind of gives you the impression the Crows not rate the blues moving up the ladder in 2019

RCD v Stocker ............ I hope its the reversal of Lemon V Cripps

turk-d-tiger said:
They were desperately trying to get #19 from the crows to land RCD and their offer was the same as the deal that got done with the Blues but with a added pick #38 as the cream and the Crows knocked it back for the Blues pick.

Kind of gives you the impression the Crows not rate the blues moving up the ladder in 2019

RCD v Stocker ............ I hope its the reversal of Lemon V Cripps

Have to thank SOS for his hard work then. ;D

Looks like the Blues will have heat coming from two directions, RCD & pick 1-3 next year. Will be made worse if Adelaide has a bounce which seems likely.

I don't see the Oliver style. RCD hasn't had huge possession numbers like Oliver did in his final year.

At the moment it's more impact touches then volume. I see more Bont/Cripps traits. Either way, it's looking promising.

Absolutely the right call at our pick.

SCOOP said:
I don't see the Oliver style. RCD hasn't had huge possession numbers like Oliver did in his final year.

At the moment it's more impact touches then volume. I see more Bont/Cripps traits. Either way, it's looking promising.

Absolutely the right call at our pick.

Check out his games in the TAC finals, lifted immeasurably. As for the Fyfe comparisons, need to remember Fyfe was recruited as a forward, RCD nowhere near Fyfe's competence. Overhead he's reasonable but his forward craft needs attention & I would be playing him there for a quarter once he hits the VFL. RCD also much quicker than Cripps but perhaps not as strong in a pack situation. Think people are also underselling Oliver's speed & agility, he has dash & evasion, think he finished third in the agility test. So basically we have a player the same height, an elite handballer which RCD most certainly is, predominantly a midfielder (although this may change), similar kicking style & range, identical speed, near identical endurance. Honestly can't think of a better comparison but each to their own.

RCD is already 6cms taller & 5-6kgs heavier than Oliver.

Before he lifts a weight or finishes growing. RCD averaged 18 touches at TAC, Oliver 24.

It’s been about glimpses of class, patches of top shelf dominance while Oliver gathered possessions at will in the back half of his final TAC season.

The more I look the more I see a Bont like profile. Another one I see is Kyle Langford who I think takes the step to a really good player this year.

SCOOP said:
RCD is already 6cms taller & 5-6kgs heavier than Oliver.

Measured in at 190cm at the combine, would love to get some clarification on the the official height.

This also from the RFC website.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-22/2018-draft-first-round-pick

bullus_hit said:
Measured in at 190cm at the combine, would love to get some clarification on the the official height.

This also from the RFC website.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-22/2018-draft-first-round-pick

The RFC website is so pathetic its not funny

I have it on good authority that Garthwaite is now 196cm and is 94kgs (friend who went to training on sat and spoke with garth for a few minutes and asked him)
he said he was last measured and weighed in november

Personally i think RCD is 190cm and not 193cm like some sites state

turk-d-tiger said:

I have it on good authority that Garthwaite is now 196cm and is 94kgs (friend who went to training on sat and spoke with garth for a few minutes and asked him)

The kid himself said 183 (meant 193) on draft night, unless he is lying then id suggest he was 193cm at time of drafting.

Tigertough1974 said:
The kid himself said 183 (meant 193) on draft night, unless he is lying then id suggest he was 193cm at time of drafting.

I remember when I were measuring my height as a kid growing up against the chart on the wall the ruler always had a distinked angle to the positive ;D

caesar said:
I remember when I were measuring my height as a kid growing up against the chart on the wall the ruler always had a distinked angle to the positive ;D

haha I doubt you had grown the suggested 8cm in 12 months and had TAC cup coaches and scouts all over you for 2 years...

I know your kidding but id suggest the kid knew his height and unless its suggested his dishonest, he was 193cm on draft day.

I live abroad although read a huge amount of RFC stuff (on many platforms) so I haven't seen him at training however its said he slouches a little, almost Cotch like so he may appear to be shorter due to this.

turk-d-tiger said:

I agree that RFC website have historically been very slow in updating player profiles, but on entering a player for the first time, surely they have his accurate details listed? They have him officially at 193cm and 88kg

I don't think the club even knows. This article on 29/1 said he was 190 cm.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-29/draftee-watch-how-are-richmonds-new-faces-tracking

EDIT: it's an AFL.com article which won't have updated figures if the club hasn't released them.

Dont Argue said:
I agree that RFC website have historically been very slow in updating player profiles, but on entering a player for the first time, surely they have his accurate details listed? They have him officially at 193cm and 88kg

your job next Tuesday night is to confirm his H&W please !

Just to bring this conversation up from the gutter, I'll make sure one of the questions asked is the height and weight of both boys, being our picks one and two in this draft, at this coming Tuesday's Club 80.

SCOOP said:
As it stands right now, Gold Coast have 6 picks in the first 42. If Lynch walks it will be seven. And they will have two in the top 5.
Everyone will be going to them looking for an extra pick for a player.

The Crows have three picks in the first 20. Future pick trading really kicks in this year. Makes for an interesting draft.

LOL, the Crows did really well out of their three picks. Same thing will happen this year with live trading and multiple picks, smart clubs will make out like bandits.