2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
would obviously love lukosisus or rankine but no chance so fingers crossed for one of the king boys

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
bully who do you think at this early stage will be around the mark we will have our pick? and as a second question what do you see our list needs as? love the good work mate

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep - Geez woulda been nice it does sit very comfortably as another one of our Draft Howlers.

Chimpa, Dusty, and Cripps, not bad midfield trio

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Murphy Cripps Gibbs didnt win too many flags

I'd love to draft a cripps type for the generation prince, but happy to look forward not back

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Matthew Rowell from Oakleigh Chargers. Saw him today play in constant rain, and was a level above. Tough. Clean. Kicks well on both sides. One to keep an eye on

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Bizzbizz said:
bully who do you think at this early stage will be around the mark we will have our pick? and as a second question what do you see our list needs as? love the good work mate

It's a bit difficult to say but based on player type I'd say the well rounded mids will come in at the 16-18 range. Connor Rozee is one I particularly like, seems to have all the traits that translate to AFL footy.

First priority would be a key back and ideally Ben King, we'd need to trade into the top 10 I would think, not beyond the realms of possibility if we put some of our fringe players on the table.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
D85 said:
Matthew Rowell from Oakleigh Chargers. Saw him today play in constant rain, and was a level above. Tough. Clean. Kicks well on both sides. One to keep an eye on
Matt Rowell will go top 5.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Man King wiht 8.6 in a game over the weekend. Big touted as one of the dominate displays of the last 15 years at TAC level.

The key position players at the top end of this draft are really good. Building blocks for a generation.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
SCOOP said:
Man King wiht 8.6 in a game over the weekend. Big touted as one of the dominate displays of the last 15 years at TAC level.

The key position players at the top end of this draft are really good. Building blocks for a generation.
Kid's only 18 n already about 201cm. Totally dominated the defence in that game according to the snippets I heard on the future stars show yesterday. Doubting we'll get a sniff at a pick inside the top dozen ranked kids this year, we'll have to get crafty to find some genuine cream at the draft table.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The problem is going to be that there could possibly be another 3/4 1st round picks that will be compo picks ahead of our 1st round pick this year with all the quality free agents available

Sloan,Gaff,McGovern,Lynch etc could all attract 1st rounders that will fall before our 1st selection which could end up around #20

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Some great footage of Max King last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzB8VJhz

Mobility off the charts.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Top end talent very good but whispers that the talent doesn't run deep this year.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I have concerns that with all the free agents around if they move clubs our 1st rounder could end up being early 20's

Gaff , McGovern , T.Lynch x 2 , Sloan etc