2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

tigertim said:
No, that’s next year....

Yep, it's always next year. Keep hearing this adnauseum but there's always great value in the third round & beyond, you just need to play the odds & pick the right player type. This draft has some elite talls so it's a good one for those holding top 10 picks. Beyond that there will value but not necessarily wrapped in tinsel.

bullus_hit said:
Yep, it's always next year. Keep hearing this adnauseum but there's always great value in the third round & beyond, you just need to play the odds & pick the right player type. This draft has some elite talls so it's a good one for those holding top 10 picks. Beyond that there will value but not necessarily wrapped in tinsel.

Your boy James Worpel about to make his debut this weekend Bully.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Your boy James Worpel about to make his debut this weekend Bully.

Yep, Hawks have a bargain with this bloke. Had him top 20 & reckon he's every bit as talented as Graham. From all reports he slid in the draft due to KE, certainly a concern but one also has to assess where he's getting his kicks & very often they are in heavy congestion.

bullus_hit said:
Yep, Hawks have a bargain with this bloke. Had him top 20 & reckon he's every bit as talented as Graham. From all reports he slid in the draft due to KE, certainly a concern but one also has to assess where he's getting his kicks & very often they are in heavy congestion.

Much like the knock on Graham

Blind Turn said:
I heard Max King did a knee today. Terrible news
Apparently so. Wonder how far down the list he'll drop for this years draft, maybe we might get to snoop around him. A year out will only allow the young fella to grow n develop into his body a bit better without being expected by fans to dominate in his first year.
That early pick youngster at Carlscum, Harry McKay was being knocked for not stepping up n contributing. Managed a couple of games last year which included a four bag n came out in his first senior game against Wet Coke n put in another four bag. These big 200cm pelicans need three or four years just to grow into their adult bodies n be able to compete properly.

TigerMasochist said:
Apparently so. Wonder how far down the list he'll drop for this years draft, maybe we might get to snoop around him. A year out will only allow the young fella to grow n develop into his body a bit better without being expected by fans to dominate in his first year.
That early pick youngster at Carlscum, Harry McKay was being knocked for not stepping up n contributing. Managed a couple of games last year which included a four bag n came out in his first senior game against Wet Coke n put in another four bag. These big 200cm pelicans need three or four years just to grow into their adult bodies n be able to compete properly.

Probably won't slide out of the top 10. This really opens the door for Ben King to play forward, could simply be that Ben goes top 3 now & Max slides fractionally.

bullus_hit said:
Probably won't slide out of the top 10. This really opens the door for Ben King to play forward, could simply be that Ben goes top 3 now & Max slides fractionally.

Highly unlikely he drops out of the top 10 , Probably would depend on which teams finish bottom 10 i would say

Unlikely to need KPP
Brisbane
Gold Coast (if Lynch Stays)
Doggies
Carlton
Essendon
North

Most Likely
Collingwood
StKilda
Melbourne
Swans

Dont believe any chance to get to Richmond, Getting Tom Lynch to Richmond and 2 Big Bodied inside mids are on the menu for us i hope

If gold coast got a comp pick (lynch goes) could they pick both king brothers?
3 ben king
4 max king

Wpuld that be feasible from a draft rating point of view

Sets up the spine and lowers the risk of go home

tigerdell said:
If gold coast got a comp pick (lynch goes) could they pick both king brothers?
3 ben king
4 max king

Wpuld that be feasible from a draft rating point of view

Sets up the spine and lowers the risk of go home
Wouldn't be far off the realms of possibility as both are very highly rated. Max pops a knee so Ben apparently gets to play forward n kicks eleven. Would be one hell of a way to fill the key slots in a team n it would probably help to ease the early homesick factor for kids.

If a team managed to get both the King Boys they would be set for a decade, Losing Lynch could possibly be the best thing for a team like GC which is effectively in a rebuild and looking at 2021 before being a genuine premiership contender

turk-d-tiger said:
If a team managed to get both the King Boys they would be set for a decade, Losing Lynch could possibly be the best thing for a team like GC which is effectively in a rebuild and looking at 2021 before being a genuine premiership contender

The irony in that statement is not lost on me Turk.

They got given the world with draft picks but got a few lesser drafts and didnt quite take advantage of the leg up they were given.

Not having any history of any kind or prestige or culture to buy into hasnt helped get the best out of many either.

The Gold Coast environ is not a great one for young professional footballers too much party and social life distraction for the young blokes.

A mate of mine used to coach Shaun Mannagh (currently a reserve listed player) at North Albury and still keeps in touch with him. He reckons the club really rates him and whilst it's very early in proceedings he could be a smokey to be a late draft pick.

I don't watch the seconds as much as I should so I'm interested in the opinions of those of you that do. Have you guys noticed him and if so is he a chance to get drafted?

Broders said:
A mate of mine used to coach Shaun Mannagh (currently a reserve listed player) at North Albury and still keeps in touch with him. He reckons the club really rates him and whilst it's very early in proceedings he could be a smokey to be a late draft pick.

I don't watch the seconds as much as I should so I'm interested in the opinions of those of you that do. Have you guys noticed him and if so is he a chance to get drafted?

Ive watched him for 2 years on our VFL list & he certainly has got AFL traits, would love us to pick him up

Reckon we good this year, early one I'm watching this year that I think fits our mould is Jack Bytel. Big 188cm mid, who can win the ball in tight and also hurt via the scoreboard.

Adelaide are the really wild cards, multiple first round picks and will shape the draft.