2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

mad_tiggy911 said:
Big and quick mid is a must.

Need to continue pace trend.

Not sure we need pace for the inside mid role. Competitive and classy my first traits on the inside.

The thing with our depth is there may be some players looking for new homes for game time at the end of this yr so we could use that to trade into the Draft, need some mids & the ones we need should be available to us.

Jonesracing82 said:
The thing with our depth is there may be some players looking for new homes for game time at the end of this yr so we could use that to trade into the Draft, need some mids & the ones we need should be available to us.

Yep, thats the strategy, the following are out @ the end of 2018

Shai Bolton
Reece Conca
Nathan Drummond
Corey Ellis
Ryan Garthwaite
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Shaun Hampson
Bachar Houli
Sam Lloyd
Oleg Markov
Connor Menadue
Anthony Miles
Jayden Short
Ivan Soldo
Jacob Townsend

I would keep, CEllis,Garthy,Bachar , Lego, Connor ,Shorty & Soldo

taztiger4 said:

Shai Bolton
Reece Conca
Nathan Drummond
Corey Ellis
Ryan Garthwaite
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Shaun Hampson
Bachar Houli
Sam Lloyd
Oleg Markov
Connor Menadue
Anthony Miles
Jayden Short
Ivan Soldo
Jacob Townsend

That's pretty much my list as well but I'd add Conca to it now and keep him there if he keeps his 1st team spot. Townsend would need to find that dead eye *smile* shooting to be retained.

taztiger4 said:

Shai Bolton
Reece Conca
Nathan Drummond
Corey Ellis
Ryan Garthwaite
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Shaun Hampson
Bachar Houli
Sam Lloyd
Oleg Markov
Connor Menadue
Anthony Miles
Jayden Short
Ivan Soldo
Jacob Townsend

Good list Taz. No Towner?

taztiger4 said:

Shai Bolton
Reece Conca
Nathan Drummond
Corey Ellis
Ryan Garthwaite
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Shaun Hampson
Bachar Houli
Sam Lloyd
Oleg Markov
Connor Menadue
Anthony Miles
Jayden Short
Ivan Soldo
Jacob Townsend

all on the block for the right deal, except maybe Bachar but even he could be chased by a young side after a mentor, post-career coach-type role. Never say never.

That aside, I also second your list but add Reece 8-

are we giving up on $hai? :pullhair

can we swap him for NicNat?

I get youve gotta make a call, and sometimes the call isnt ours to make,

But I must say, of that list $hai is the only one I'd be scared will become a star

I'm with you, easy. I want to keep him. And Menadue. They're the two key signings for me.

Tiger Ghost said:
I've heard he's pretty keen to head back home come years end, you heard similar Taz therefore thats why he's not on your list?
looks to be heading home from what i heard too lets hope we get a decent draft pic for him

SCOOP said:
Not sure we need pace for the inside mid role. Competitive and classy my first traits on the inside.

There might be a few gettable from the Giants, Lions etc.

After we take Lynch the Suns wont be dealing with us so i wont bother with them ;D

Tiger Ghost said:
I've heard he's pretty keen to head back home come years end, you heard similar Taz therefore thats why he's not on your list?

well sort of.

Still not as convinced as others about his game.

Love some of his stuff but for a skillful player his kicking is more miss than hit, he leans back too far & that causes them to be up & under.

Flies for his marks but rarely takes them.

If he wants to go home WCE can send us someone decent in return who may suit our needs better or a first rounder thanks.

ps I said this time last year that Tyson deserved an opportunity in the 1s before Shai & I still believe it.

Cant believe I just wrote that !!

taztiger4 said:
well sort of.

Still not as convinced as others about his game.

Love some of his stuff but for a skillful player his kicking is more miss than hit, he leans back too far & that causes them to be up & under.

Flies for his marks but rarely takes them.

If he wants to go home WCE can send us someone decent in return who may suit our needs better or a first rounder thanks.

ps I said this time last year that Tyson deserved an opportunity in the 1s before Shai & I still believe it.

Cant believe I just wrote that !!

I think with WCE having taken Rioli and Ryan recently they may not offer that much for Shai. Maybe Freo would have more to offer us?

mrposhman said:
I think with WCE having taken Rioli and Ryan recently they may not offer that much for Shai. Maybe Freo would have more to offer us?

With his father having played with the Dockers and Ballantyne 31 this year, the Dockers would be the likely destination if he wants to go back to Wa. Be good if a deal could be done with Ed Langdon who is a Victorian and might want to go back home.

tigerman said:
With his father having played with the Dockers and Ballantyne 31 this year, the Dockers would be the likely destination if he wants to go back to Wa. Be good if a deal could be done with Ed Langdon who is a Victorian and might want to go back home.
[/quote

Has Cerra signed yet ?

Might be an idea to get in his ear

#18+ Bolton for Cerra

tigerman said:

Langdon is not very good. Cerra or he goes to West C for Willie Rioli

King Kong said:
Langdon is not very good. Cerra or he goes to West C for Willie Rioli

Is having a very good season, will finish top 5 in their b&f. Cerra would be good too.

turk-d-tiger said:
Adam Cerra would be a sensational get if we could somehow wriggle him out of fremantle

Pretty sure he moved over there with his dad so depends if they both want to return to VIC. I'd be pretty stoked with our 1st and Bolton for Cerra. He'll be an a grade midfielder IMO.