2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I went along too, nice day out, picked up a bit of merch and I'll get more once it becomes available.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow, just WOW :cupgold

I was at Punt Rd today, watching the game on the score board so low res and sun blasting on the picture. Barely knew the scores most of the day, but didn't need to keep track of scores because we were so far ahead.

Last GF I ever went to was 1980, never thought we would win one by more but we just did.

What a great game by our players, they were just amazing. Even performance too, can't think of anyone who didn't contribute.

Pickett, geez I thought that was an exciting selection. Clearly underestimated just how exciting it was. He did so well. A testament to his ability, to his effort to change his life and to the culture of our club.

We have players coming back in Rance, Stack, Graham et al. What an exciting time to be a Richmond supporter.

We may lose a couple, Ellis looks gone - thanks for the memories Brando, I can understand if he goes. He would have lived a precarious life financially as he grew up and now will get the opportunity to set his family up for life. Make the best of it Brando, you deserve it and will always be a life member at Richmond.

GWS: what can you say? They were beaten by a side which was a lot better than they were. Yes, they came through the hard way, yes they would have been tired and a bit worn out. But they were simply outclassed. I have a lot more time for GWS than The Suns, they actually do seem to be doing positive things in their region. They will be back, they won't get flogged like that on GF day again. Leon Cameron is not stupid, he will take a lot of learnings from this day. Toby Green can go get f***ed though, hope they cite him as he went for the face again today. If they really want to build a culture to be proud of they need to lose Green - talented but not worth it.

DS

I was there too David, front of the crowd for the scoreboard, picked the wrong screen as the resolution was so bad. Had a great day with my 2 girls.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Any one got a video of that dance the players did after the game after they circled around the centre circle singing the team song for the last time?

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was there too David, front of the crowd for the scoreboard, picked the wrong screen as the resolution was so bad. Had a great day with my 2 girls.

Yeah, it's a scoreboard not a TV, might try and sit in the Jack Dyer Stand next time, or at least a better resolution screen.

DS

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Did anyone else notice maurine hafey when she and sheedy came out with the cup, watching him like a hawk to make sure he let go of the cup first and then smile to the team when he did and she was still holding it? Watch the reply, you can see it. Trent must of had a word to her

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Any one got a video of that dance the players did after the game after they circled around the centre circle singing the team song for the last time?

Saw that on the news before i went to work TF.

Im sure i saw them with a trumpet?

I will try and find something ...

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I have the pre game, match and post game in 720p and 1080p. Will pull the radio feeds when I get back from Aus.

I've got 3AW and MMM waiting for me when I get home.

I’ve already re-watched the game with MMM and 3AW synced. Still need to watch with the ABC but with the Mrs away, I have to look after the kids. Bloody inconvenient.

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005
I tried recording the foxtel post game panel but after the game they started the replay.
I don’t think I missed it, but if it wasn’t on I’m not surprised as none of these commentators could handle what happened.
I can’t also wait for the radio replays!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Interesting stat I read

13 of Richmond’s 22 premiership players were overlooked in the first draft they participated in.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’ve already re-watched the game with MMM and 3AW synced. Still need to watch with the ABC but with the Mrs away, I have to look after the kids. Bloody inconvenient.

Where did you download the radio calls Midsy?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
When does the club release their premiership merchandise?

I did my now ritual walk around the G on the Sunday.

Bought some goodies (knight designed tigers t shirt - stubby holder - car stickers) then wandered around to the MCC and picked up a bundle of Tiger posters) same as 2017.

Plenty of time to then get out to the airport where I was surprised to see so many tigers in their gear - there was at least 6 or 7 tigers on my flight - what an army.

Reactions: 1 users