2020 Membership card | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Membership card

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Don't get me wrong, I love Tom Lynch and he certainly has some Carey type qualities but as an overall player he couldn't carry his bag.
no mate, you are wrong here I reckon, but we'll need to wait till the end of Tommy's career to make the call

Carey was brilliant , brave, led by example etc BUT in generally a very strong team.

Our bloke is all the above but was in a *smile* team for years & now in an environment where he will thrive, he will talked about in the same way IMHO.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
For me that's the flaw in a lot of people's thinking, comparing the women and the men.

We don't do that with other levels of footy, no-one goes to a country game or an under 12s and says this is inferior to the AFL.

For me it's about being able to appreciate it for what it is, a different version of the game.

They'll keep flogging it for all they're worth and it may well be something that younger generations pick up on. On the other hand, women have played Test cricket since the 1930's and it still has very limited support. I'm not even sure I'd describe it as a niche market.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just got my members pack today.

The fixture fridge magnet is nothing short of superb.

A truly marvellous little beacon to organise my whole year around, and ponder every time I grab the butter, milk or beer.

:clap2 I luv RFC

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

A truly marvellous little beacon to organise my whole year around, and ponder every time I grab the butter, milk or beer.

At least the dates are correct unlike the Catters one.:))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Love that snide little low blow to our friends down the highway. What a useless club that is

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

Yes, ours has pictures because we are STINKING RICH, not like other clubs with lesser funds.... like for example, Collingwood and heaven knows, if a club needed pictures, it's Collingwood!

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Received my 2020 Platinum card yesterday which means I’ve accumulated a good collection over the years - but for the time ever I was left unimpressed.
FWIW the photos on the front include two players that I don’t recognise and in whom I have no interest in whatsoever.
Obviously there will be fans who like this move but it absolutely ain’t for me and I feel peeved that it’s been forced on members in this way.

Come on Tenacious, you can say it..... because there's a girl on it!

Essendon fans are more conditioned for this, having seen Dyson Heppel on numerous cards!

Having said that, i do know the guy and he's not a bad bloke, but he does look like a girl. Having said that, if i was the last guy on earth and the last girl looked like Dyson Heppel, the human race would surely be stuffed.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Having said that, if i was the last guy on earth and the last girl looked like Dyson Heppel, the human race would surely be stuffed.
Isn't that why God created darkness. All look the same in the dark, just don't take them shopping in the morning. :eek: :bash

• Haha

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I like the fact we have both AFLW and AFL players pics on the card. It shows we're serious about all the competitions we are a part of. In any case, it will be the first year we have an AFLW team so some recognition on the membership card is appropriate.

DS

yeah I’m very happy for the women’s team to get recognition and hopefully get us a premiership!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have been in touch with the club membership dept regarding my missing membership card and it appears that as a cost saving those that do not have a membership that includes match entry will no longer receive a membership card. My guess , for many, the loss of the card will be missed as it indicates that we are part of the club and an important part of our club memorabilia collection. I will be making a protest to the club as it seems we overseas mob our not really valued in the grand scheme of things. Not a happy chappy.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have been in touch with the club membership dept regarding my missing membership card and it appears that as a cost saving those that do not have a membership that includes match entry will no longer receive a membership card. My guess , for many, the loss of the card will be missed as it indicates that we are part of the club and an important part of our club memorabilia collection. I will be making a protest to the club as it seems we overseas mob our not really valued in the grand scheme of things. Not a happy chappy.

Ooh, don't like that. You're a member, you should get a membership card. They can't be very expensive, not like there is any electronics in the card or anything, not that the cost should be a factor anyway - you're a member, you get a card.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geez. That's serious rude.It's not like the club has it's arse hanging out stony broke at the moment. Club membership cards would probably have been fairly pricey comparatively when a club is only printing five or ten thousand cards per season, but we're printing 100,000 a season n all the overseas, plus many restricted members in Aust are still paying their dollars to support the club. Bloody tight n miserable of the club to not supply their members with a lousy couple of dollars worth of plastic card.
Should be an option if you want or don't want a card, same as the cap n scarf. Personally haven't bothered with the cap, scarf scenario for ten years or more, still got some hiding in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere from when they used to be sent out with every membership regardless.

Reactions: 1 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
that is crap
email being sent to the club .now
fan engagement my ass

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Ooh, don't like that. You're a member, you should get a membership card. They can't be very expensive, not like there is any electronics in the card or anything, not that the cost should be a factor anyway - you're a member, you get a card.

DS

After throwing a strop I have managed to get a promise for a card for this year only but no more. On receipt of the card a letter to the membership GM and the CEO will be venting my anger. If I send an e-mail the chances of getting my message to those in charge will be about nil. I will keep people posted