2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Agree he's super safe, (and the Selwood calls). But is he top 10? To me it isn't much of an argument, pick 7 or pick 27, he's a good player. But for me I want a bigger tick in the 'hollywood' box for a top 10 pick.
If he plays 150 games in a side that plays finals, he's a good pick. I think Clark can do that. Could he be in the centre square when the heat is on in a final in three years? Absolutely. That's Hollywood enough for me.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
If he plays 150 games in a side that plays finals, he's a good pick. I think Clark can do that. Could he be in the centre square when the heat is on in a final in three years? Absolutely. That's Hollywood enough for me.
The question will be will Cats be playing finals in 3 years time when all their pensioners are retired
10/11 players from their 2022 team will be retired by 2025

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Doubt he’ll be there. Nor Lemmey for that matter actually.

On Lemmey, whilst I’d roll the dice, I’m not sure the club itself will if he were to be around. The absolute number one priority they have, for which there is no compromise, is that you have to be a “competitor”. People have different interpretations of “competitiveness” but I just get the feeling the queries around Lemmey on that front might have us not being all that interested anyway, and having others ahead of him in our range.

I don’t, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had Scully rated ahead of Lemmey.
You don’t see many changing up on ‘competitiveness’.
Don’t think we will take him.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Just looking again at the analysis/predictions on offer here and allowing for a draft of maybe 50 young souls, my quinella choice.. Van Es and Steely G.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's great that at this late stage no1 knows who our picks will be. Not all that long ago it was well known at this stage. Lessons have been learned.
I keep checking the website to see if we accidentally publish our 1st pick early, but nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Me too, he's super safe. I don't get the Selwood calls, Clark reminds me of Luke Power.
I reckon Jarryd Lyons, the Brisbane version, that's no disrespect either, nothing flashy just a solid 25 touches, 6 clearances, 50% contested possessions. Kicking lacks penetration but I could reel off plenty in that boat - Miller/Libba/Dunkley/Parker/Mitchell etc.

I wouldn't say Power because he had a very powerful hoof, short arms but could easily kick 50 metres. Clark has also met every challenge, against all opposition. He was the second best player behind Wardlaw against Collingwood, in game which disappointed on quite a few levels he was one who didn't lower his colours.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
From what you read, I can’t work out why Van Es is rated higher. Looks rock solid
Probably because he lacks a bit of creativity, he's very much a dour Talia type defender, gets the job done but lacks a bit of play-making ability. Now if I'm looking for a cheap defender I'd probably go with Ethan Phillips who has demonstrated a canny knack of reading the flight and clunking quite a few intercept marks, I think Phillips goes late second or early third. That would push Van Es out to the mid or late third round.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We say that every year but they keep turning up.
You can only kick the can down the road so long
Their core has remained the same for years that have allowed them to stay at the top
Guthrie,Hawkins,Dangerfield,Smith,Menegola,Duncan etc they wont be able to replace easily and will lose the synergy similar to the Hawks did 6 years ago

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You can only kick the can down the road so long
Their core has remained the same for years that have allowed them to stay at the top
Guthrie,Hawkins,Dangerfield,Smith,Menegola,Duncan etc they wont be able to replace easily and will lose the synergy similar to the Hawks did 6 years ago
Meh. People said the same about the Scarlett, Johnson, Chapman, Ablett, Bartel era coming to an end too.

They turn up and remain competitive every year. No matter what. The 30 years worth of doomsday predictions (figuratively speaking) never eventuate.

Best to wait till it ACTUALLY happens than make it 31 years of failed prediction.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Meh. People said the same about the Scarlett, Johnson, Chapman, Ablett, Bartel era coming to an end too.

They turn up and remain competitive every year. No matter what. The 30 years worth of doomsday predictions (figuratively speaking) never eventuate.

Best to wait till it ACTUALLY happens than make it 31 years of failed prediction.
Well my thoughts are they have 2 more years as a top 4 threat and will fall off
we shall see

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hope our table has brought some magazines to read tonight. Season 5 of Yellowstone on Stan maybe ? Poker night ! Get some tunes going. Reckon Clarke would be a good bluffer.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The question will be will Cats be playing finals in 3 years time when all their pensioners are retired
10/11 players from their 2022 team will be retired by 2025
The new model of list management shows they can change and keep up. They just added some serious young talent and the trade table and have pick 7 coming in. This offseason was a big step forward.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, its pretty remarkable to remain so competitive for so long.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Nah, its best to get some joy in the off-season by writing them off. Kinda like how Bombers fans get some joy by imaging they might win a final.
They joy is short but better than nothing.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hope our table has brought some magazines to read tonight. Season 5 of Yellowstone on Stan maybe ? Poker night ! Get some tunes going. Reckon Clarke would be a good bluffer.
That would be highly amusing if they scan to our table and there's poker caps, cigars, and chips spread across the table.

I want our table looking uninterested and laughing at every pick made " ASHCROFT? Pfft, Good one Brissy Losers"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
That would be highly amusing if they scan to our table and there's poker caps, cigars, and chips spread across the table.

I want our table looking uninterested and laughing at every pick made " ASHCROFT? Pfft, Good one Brissy Losers"

Even better if the deck of cards used had this image on the back:

1669607819769.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

1669608745950.jpeg

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We should just send Dustin Martin , Shai Bolton , Tim Taranto , Jacob Hopper , Dion Prestia to the draft tonight just for the sh!ts & Gig's