2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
OK, so effectively 2 mid to late firsts for a top 4 pick. You can argue the merits of the deal either way I suppose, but 'lost the plot' is ludicrous. You'd do that deal, Melb I mean, most of the time in most drafts.
Shemons get pick 5 and Pick 25 (after bids) in 2022 = 2634pts

Essendon get pick 14 in 2022 and conservatively pick 15 and 16 in 2023 in a far stronger draft. = 3340pts

It is complete madness

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Shemons get pick 5 and Pick 25 (after bids) in 2022 = 2634pts

Essendon get pick 14 in 2022 and conservatively pick 15 and 16 in 2023 in a far stronger draft. = 3340pts

It is complete madness
It is totally sane. Points are just a guide, they can be a relevant guide, and a ridiculous guide. The odds of drafting a player who makes it are far lower, top 5 compared to 12-20, and the quality of player you get will tend to be lower. You can make arguments for both sides, fair enough, but madness it ain't.

There are going to be plenty of points dumped in the skip this year, might as well use them for an upgrade.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It is totally sane. Points are just a guide, they can be a relevant guide, and a ridiculous guide. The odds of drafting a player who makes it are far lower, top 5 compared to 12-20, and the quality of player you get will tend to be lower. You can make arguments for both sides, fair enough, but madness it ain't.

There are going to be plenty of points dumped in the skip this year, might as well use them for an upgrade.
So if this was Richmond giving up 3 1st rounders for a 1st and 2nd you’d be ok?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So if this was Richmond giving up 3 1st rounders for a 1st and 2nd you’d be ok?
Given the context, yes, no worries.

And you're making it sound worse than it is, late first/ early second, same same. And as I've said a billion times, first rounders ain't first rounders. pick 4 is not the same as pick 16. The guts of the deal, AFAIC, is 2 late firsts for an early first, or alternatively, 2 picks in the teens for a top 4 pick.

Last edited:

Pddavey

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
So trying to find out Tuesday time for the rest of the draft as no point worrying about Monday . Any know start time

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If i was GC, id be taking Melbournes deal.

I dont think any in their frame at 5 Ginbey, clark or humphrey are blue chip.

Theyre only gonna take 1 pick, and its a good year to land a player at 45

And they pick the eyes out of the first round next year when they actually have list spots and room to move

Wonder who Dees want? mackenzie?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Out of interest, who are GCS and GWS likely to take tonight? I like follow the early careers of future tigers.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Out of interest, who are GCS and GWS likely to take tonight? I like follow the early careers of future tigers.

Suns have Ginbey, Clark and Humphrey in the mix.

Word is Humphrey.

I also expect North to take Sheezel before placing the bid on Ashcroft

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The kids I would like to get tomorrow are James Van Es and Jaxon Binns

Last edited:

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Suns have Ginbey, Clark and Humphrey in the mix.

Word is Humphrey.

I also expect North to take Sheezel before placing the bid on Ashcroft
Wonder how much input we have into their picks? I imagine we’d be pointing out all the kids with “Richmond Man” qualities to their recruiting staff.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wonder how much input we have into their picks? I imagine we’d be pointing out all the kids with “Richmond Man” qualities to their recruiting staff.

They wouldnt know a richmond man if one was right under their nose

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
When we were shiit I would care about the draft not anymore.

It will be interesting to see if the kokslapper Congrats Geelong

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That would be highly amusing if they scan to our table and there's poker caps, cigars, and chips spread across the table.

I want our table looking uninterested and laughing at every pick made " ASHCROFT? Pfft, Good one Brissy Losers"
:mhihi That's how I played the smug Pussies in the Phantom Draft.

What time are we rocking up tonight or miss it and turn up tomorrow?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
:mhihi That's how I played the smug Pussies in the Phantom Draft.

What time are we rocking up tonight or miss it and turn up tomorrow?

Balmey is definately going tonight as he's heard they have Monte Carlo's and Party Pies on the table in the club boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
It's funny, I have absolutely no desire to follow the draft tonight.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hot off tomorrow's Hun....
(Well sort of!)

Mark Robinson reports....

DODORO DELIVERS 4 DONS

Lastnight, the masterful Adrian Dodoro, widely seen as the premier AFL list manager amongst his peers, delivered a quartet of first round talent for incoming coach Brad Scott.
"Clearly the winner on night one", was how it was expressed to me!

Opposition recruiters continue to marvel at Dodoro's ability to work his magic during his 20+ years at the Bombers.
Insiders at the club have told me prominent board members are pushing for Adrian to be given an extended contract in the range of 5 to 7 years, thus thwarting serious overtures from down at Moorabbin.
There's also a feeling among club heavyweights, that he'll be target Number 1 whenever Tasmania is given the green light.
With his stellar record of building outstanding lists, I believe the club needs to do whatever it takes to secure Dodoro's long-term future at the Hanger!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users